Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:07 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,299,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
vulpeck - Your graph showing how NC had those increases mirrors how my NC taxes went up. I know that under Roy Cooper taxes will go up - but maybe at a slower pace for people like me! Why is it that this state seems to elect incompetent people from both parties? As long as Roy Cooper is even slightly above average relative to his predessors, I'll be happy!
I don't know how long you have lived in NC, but I have been here a very long time. We had excellent government until Easley/Bev were elected . . .

Old 05-10-2016, 03:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,508,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I don't know how long you have lived in NC, but I have been here a very long time. We had excellent government until Easley/Bev were elected . . .
Well Hamish, I've lived here 11 years and I'll accept your opinion of pre-Easley times. But I would modify your line to include "Pat the Doofus" in your list of gubenatorial failures!

Old 05-10-2016, 03:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,483,750 times
He's nothing more than a puppet.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:28 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,319,244 times
I feel it is unfair to judge a governor against other governors who were operating under completely different economic circumstances. Cuts will have to be made and that will invariably make people unhappy. Having said that I don't think the cuts should come from education or temporary unemployment relief.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:48 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,023,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
I'm literally asking this question. I don't think anyone has done this much damage to state in my lifetime. In the span of 4 years he's:

Cut unemployment benefits
Cut public school budgets
denied Medicaid
pass voter ID laws that restricts voting
flirted with the idea of offshore drilling
and now the whole bathroom bill

and that's just off the top of my head. Idk who else comes close, but I'm only in my mid 20's so maybe some of the older CD people on here can shed some light about possibly worse governors.
Aren't these good things?

He is reducing spending on freeloaders. Are you unemployed?

I work for a living and people like you disgust me

Old 05-10-2016, 07:04 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,603,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Aren't these good things?

He is reducing spending on freeloaders. Are you unemployed?

I work for a living and people like you disgust me
People like you who are judgemental disgust me. Do you know that person is unemployeed?

Old 05-10-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
People like you who are judgemental disgust me. Do you know that person is unemployeed?
I'm not judging I merely asked the question.

Do you think it is fair for the workers to pay for the unemployed? Do you think they have a right to free health care?

Does that mean you have a right to point a gun to my head and force me to pay? What if I don't pay for you're health care/?

Can you answer any of those questions??

The fact is that if people criticize a governor who restores the liberties and rights to individuals who want to keep their own money and property then there is something wrong with this country.

I am throwing up everywhere because you make me sick!

Old 05-10-2016, 07:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,603,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
I'm not judging I merely asked the question.

Do you think it is fair for the workers to pay for the unemployed? Do you think they have a right to free health care?

Does that mean you have a right to point a gun to my head and force me to pay? What if I don't pay for you're health care/?

Can you answer any of those questions??

The fact is that if people criticize a governor who restores the liberties and rights to individuals who want to keep their own money and property then there is something wrong with this country.

I am throwing up everywhere because you make me sick!
Who on short term unemployement gets free healthcare? They either have COBRA or go uninsured. Keep their own money with taxes on small business and working class going up, and the "fee" he initiated? How about letting Duke energy raise our rates to cover that joke of a fine for the coal ash fiasco? What about the companies we lost out on or just wont come anymore? The only people who have seen lower taxes in NC are large business and people in the top 5%, but yeah he got it all right! As mayor of Charlotte McCrory I thought did a very good job, what he has become as Governor a spinless puppet for the far right is disgusting.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Who on short term unemployement gets free healthcare? They either have COBRA or go uninsured. Keep their own money with taxes on small business and working class going up, and the "fee" he initiated? How about letting Duke energy raise our rates to cover that joke of a fine for the coal ash fiasco? What about the companies we lost out on or just wont come anymore? The only people who have seen lower taxes in NC are large business and people in the top 5%, but yeah he got it all right! As mayor of Charlotte McCrory I thought did a very good job, what he has become as Governor a spinless puppet for the far right is disgusting.
You get obamacare or Medicaid as an unemployed freeloader

Taxes on small businesses went down because the state income tax dropped

Taxes on corporations went down because the state corporate tax dropped
North Carolina

Cutting taxes isn't being a puppet for the far right. Get your facts straight

Old 05-10-2016, 08:18 PM

27 posts, read 32,197 times
He has all the relocated bluestaters seeing red . so yes he has done a fine job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina