Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 07:22 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,433,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I'm amused people for HB2 are condemning EVERYONE else.... Telling everyone why they're wrong. Telling all the job creators they're not wanted. PayPal, good riddance. Shove it Bank of America. Multiple shows in Charlotte alone canceled will cost CLT thousands of lost rooms booked equaling 20 million to the economy alone. But supporters of HB2 think everyone else is wrong....
Just like any 14 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 07:24 PM

7,193 posts, read 6,860,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atony View Post
Honestly when I see the people trying to defend HB2 I can only think of this internet meme.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...62/640/658.png
Lol! Reminds me of a photoshopped version of that meme that someone posted on the NC Reddit page.
Attached Thumbnails
The Boss Cancels-vz4w2yq.jpg  

Old 04-08-2016, 09:29 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,851,386 times
Quote:
I'm amused people for HB2 are condemning EVERYONE else.... Telling everyone why they're wrong. Telling all the job creators they're not wanted. PayPal, good riddance. Shove it Bank of America. Multiple shows in Charlotte alone canceled will cost CLT thousands of lost rooms booked equaling 20 million to the economy alone. But supporters of HB2 think everyone else is wrong....
It's screwing his fans just the same. How many people were looking forward to a night out, a babysitter, maybe a hotel room (they'll not be reimbursed for), only for Bruce to cancel and leave those people high and dry?

Springsteen is just a other political hack piling on to the cause of the moment. This time it cost a bunch of people financially and personally.

He's a real hero.

Make everyone right, then I'll see how he's such a good guy. Until then, he's just piling on. How brave he must feel.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,802,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
I couldn't care less for his music.

But for the people who have to change their plans at the last minute, they may be more angry with him than anyone else. He probably should have made a statement during the concert if he feels that strongly.
His fans actually seem to support the decision despite the inconvenience of having to change plans.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,802,421 times
Quote:
Right wing conservatives, especially those who support egregious laws like this, aren't generally the sharpest tools in the shed.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:20 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,264,532 times
I've always respected The Boss. He just gained even more respect for this. Hopefully others follow suit.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:23 AM

3,911 posts, read 4,566,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
He probably should have made a statement during the concert if he feels that strongly.
Hmmm... I was kind of thinking this too. The thing is, he doesn't just "give a statement". He gives a religious experience! His music and stories are so powerful!

One of the most amazing things I saw was a televised concert with him singing Bob Dylan's "Chimes of Freedom" in East Germany not long before the Wall came down. The audience was amazing, waving American flags and singing along... I really think the concert gave them additional strength to affect change, and I'm glad he didn't refuse to play there because the government was a mean one. (yup, even meaner than North Carolina!)

Of course it's completely his choice to do what he thinks best, but I can't help but wonder if this might be a missed opportunity.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:23 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,546,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
It's screwing his fans just the same. How many people were looking forward to a night out, a babysitter, maybe a hotel room (they'll not be reimbursed for), only for Bruce to cancel and leave those people high and dry?

Springsteen is just a other political hack piling on to the cause of the moment. This time it cost a bunch of people financially and personally.

He's a real hero.

Make everyone right, then I'll see how he's such a good guy. Until then, he's just piling on. How brave he must feel.
It is the legislature and governor's fault for passing a hate bill.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,599,478 times
Ok base on news reported this morning on the amount of people who bought tickets and the amount is low, even thought it not admitted, I can help to speculate this is a real underlying reason why Bruce canceled Greensboro.

Greensboro Coliseum is the largest arena in the state and Bruce only sold a tad over half tickets.
Shown this morning someone who had upper section tickets and it was $105 so I can't imagine how much lower section was.

Greensboro has seating capacity of 23,500 and Bruce only sold 15,000 tickets, so I can't help to think it was more than HB2

One of biggest losers is the fans of Bruce who had tickets, hotel and dinner plans. Yes, the state will not get the 6-8% sales tax on those tickets but so will regular citizens who would have would have benefitted.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:17 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,546,457 times
HB2 affects all citizens of NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina