Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM

35 posts, read 98,069 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to North Carolina were there is warmer climate. I understand the coast of North Carolina is beautiful. It has been recommended I check out the areas of Wilmington, and other coastal beach cities.
MY CONCERN of course are hurricanes and severe weather.
It is dangerous or risky to live on the coast of N.C.? Or is it safer to live inland. I love the ocean and live across the street from the ocean now, so I would much prefer to live near the coast.
Would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,912,947 times
Yes, it's hurricane prone. But for some (not me), the risks are worth it. Wilmington would be your best bet if you're going to a coastal area as far as jobs, ect. Good luck!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

3,087 posts, read 4,874,239 times
Wilmington fares pretty well during Hurricane's....honestly you could get the same damage in Raleigh or Charlotte that Wilmington (city) gets.

Worrying about hurricanes in Wilmington is overblown.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 AM

19,456 posts, read 27,907,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Wilmington fares pretty well during Hurricane's....honestly you could get the same damage in Raleigh or Charlotte that Wilmington (city) gets.

Worrying about hurricanes in Wilmington is overblown.
True, but worrying about paying the high home owner's insurance premiums is not overblown.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:11 AM

34,130 posts, read 83,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Umm... do you realize that you are responding to a thread that is nearly 7 years old?
I sure wish CD would just lock these old threads so that (however well meaning)
newbies can't bottom post their out of context questions or add 3 year late comments

Read the old threads? Absolutely. Encourage that.
Their answer is probably in there somewhere.

But when the attempt is made to quote or post a quick reply... don't let it work.
Instead they can get a polite message advising the newbie about the age issue and suggesting
that they find a newer thread to bottom post onto (ha!) or point them to a "new post" button.

Have a sliding scale so the busier and longer threads can stay active longer...
but PLEASE shut them down at some point.

less than 10 posts? close and lock after X weeks of inactivity
less than 30 posts? close and lock after Y weeks of inactivity
less than 50 posts? close and lock after Z weeks of inactivity
and so forth...

Is that really so hard? No, it isn't.

Example of a Polite Message to the Clueless:
You have attempted to post into an old thread started on xx/xx/20xx
The last comment was made on xx/xx/20xx and was closed after XX posts.

If you have read through these XX posts and still feel that your question hasn't been answered
or your desired comment point hasn't already been addressed you are welcome to
look for one of the current threads on the same topic or to start an entirely new thread.

Use the <Search> button to find one of those other or current threads.
Use the <New Thread> button to start a new thread in the same forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina