Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 06:19 AM

46 posts, read 211,595 times

Advertisements

Help! I am interviewing for a job at UNCP and need more info about the area.

Are there inexpensive places near campus that faculty/staff can rent? (I have a spouse & kids). Being new to the area I would want to rent either a house or condo. I only plan on living there 2-3 years so I do not want to buy a house.

Any areas I should avoid?

If there is no where affordable/decent housing in Pembroke itself what about nearby communities?

What about things to do? From what I can tell Fayetteville area would be the closest place with decent shopping/restaurants/large bookstores, etc.

How about services in Pembroke (cost & availability) - cable, internet, telephone, utilities, etc?

Any other recommendations (good or bad) appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 8,209 times
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Robeson County SUCKS!!!!!! You are right poor person above…..I did agree with you when you wrote….don't come to Pembroke until you have researched the fake tribe of Indians called Lumbees! That is why they are not recognized. Anyway...if you come to Pembroke looking any other way other than “Half Breed”, Lumbee’s are going to discriminate against you and make your life a living hell. And like the guy said...Lumbees run Pembroke and Robeson county...so if you think you are going to be able to go to the courts and have a fair trial for anything thing (discrimination, fraud, profiling, horrible customer service, small claims) you are sadly mistaken. Just a heads up on how crooked "Lumbees" are in Robeson County...The FED's had to get involved at the sheriff’s department and over have of the sheriffs were either put in prison or forced to resign! WARNING...Do not send your Child to UNCP, PEMBROKE NC, or any where in ROBESON COUNTY. This message is for all those not LUMBEE.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 5,889 times
Lumbees aren't fake!! Ur an idiot who needs to go back to where ever it is you came from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina