Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,594 times

Advertisements

My husband is being stationed at Fort Bragg in November so we will be moving to Fayetteville very soon with our 3 young children(ages 3,2 and 10 months.) We have found 2 houses that we could be very happy in but they are very different. One is in the the Terry Sanford school district in the Westwood neighborhood. It is an older home that needs a little work but is VERY charming and over 3000 square feet. The other is in the Jack Britt school district and is newer and smaller but has a wonderful backyard space. A large factor in our decision is future resale. We really like the Terry Sanford house because we would love a project and a house with character. However, we are afraid of not being able to sell it in the future because it is much larger than the other homes in the area. What is your opinion of future resale potential in the Terry Sanford area? We are pretty confident we could sell the home in the Jack Britt area just for how popular the school is. Thanks in advance!

My husband will be stationed at Fort Bragg this November we will be moving to Fayetteville with our 3 young children (3,2 and 10 months) very soon. We have founds 2 houses we like. One is in the Terry Sanford school district and the other is in the Jack Britt school district. Which area would be better for a young family? I am new to the military life and want to make friends for myself and also for my kids. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-28-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,363,749 times
Terry Sanford is also a good high school, but I would be cautious about buying a house that is much bigger than any other in the neighborhood. In my limited experience those homes do tend to be a harder sell down the line. Faabala might post and give you her perspective, though. She's very familiar with the current Fayetteville market.

I grew up in the Terry Sanford school district and as time went on and more soldiers became career military instead of in and out we did get many military neighbors. I sold my Mom's house a few years ago and moved her to the Triangle to be near me and at the time of the sale the neighbors on the left were retired military and the neighbors on the right were active duty. I think military families are sprinkled throughout Fayetteville and surrounding areas.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,990,758 times
Poppydog, I'm not a "She" (for the record)

If you are talking about the house on Rainer, the photos look great. It was built in 1964 so you want to make sure you don't have any hidden condition issues (get a good inspector). Are you willing to pay a premium price for a home that needs work? Our market prices have remained steady but they are not going up very much. The best bargains are new construction or foreclosures.

Only one house has sold in Westwood this year. There are only two homes for sale now. The home on Rainer went unsold from Nov 12 to May 13 and was withdrawn from the market and put back on 78 days ago.

If you need to sell in the future can you wait that long?

I don't see Jack Britt school district falling out of favor in the near future.

Also please make sure you have a good honest Exclusive Buyers Agent you can trust. They will make the process much easier. Of course we can't tell you which neighborhood or school is "better" due to nondiscrimination laws.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Sorry, faabala. I think the "a" at the end of the username confused me.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,990,758 times
My screenname is shorthand for Faugh A Ballaugh. Irish Gaelic for "Clear the Way"

Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM

Cool!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:28 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,805,443 times
I agree with Faabala. We have been here for quite a while and the Jack Britt area has been desirable for quite a while. Even the Elementary schools in that area are good. You can check out the scores on Great Schools. Just a heads up, NC went to the common core curriculum last year.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:08 AM

110 posts, read 124,927 times
Smile Westwood

One of the better neighborhoods in Fayetteville. You are right between Downtown and Eutaw Shopping, which is walking distance from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhunter07 View Post
My husband is being stationed at Fort Bragg in November so we will be moving to Fayetteville very soon with our 3 young children(ages 3,2 and 10 months.) We have found 2 houses that we could be very happy in but they are very different. One is in the the Terry Sanford school district in the Westwood neighborhood. It is an older home that needs a little work but is VERY charming and over 3000 square feet. The other is in the Jack Britt school district and is newer and smaller but has a wonderful backyard space. A large factor in our decision is future resale. We really like the Terry Sanford house because we would love a project and a house with character. However, we are afraid of not being able to sell it in the future because it is much larger than the other homes in the area. What is your opinion of future resale potential in the Terry Sanford area? We are pretty confident we could sell the home in the Jack Britt area just for how popular the school is. Thanks in advance!

My husband will be stationed at Fort Bragg this November we will be moving to Fayetteville with our 3 young children (3,2 and 10 months) very soon. We have founds 2 houses we like. One is in the Terry Sanford school district and the other is in the Jack Britt school district. Which area would be better for a young family? I am new to the military life and want to make friends for myself and also for my kids. Thank you in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina