Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 11,080 times

Advertisements

Moving from Florida...

Last January, I went to Charlotte , and I loved the city. Specially Huntersville, close to lake Norman, less traffic, and beautiful area with homes are great prices. My concerning why so many homes for sale , and foreclosure in Charlotte. Is there someting I don't know. Like crimes, and no jobs.

I would like to know if Huntersville is a save area, easy to get jobs. As well about Clayton, close to Raleigh. This city is more country, but very close to everthing.

Please, let me know if someone can give a message about these cities.

Thank you

Gina ( Brazilian in Florida)

Last edited by Gina 2007; 10-28-2007 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: mispell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 11,080 times
Smile Moving from Florida

[quote=Gina 2007;1851788]Moving from Florida...

Last January, I went to Charlotte , and I loved the city. Specially Huntersville, close to lake Norman, less traffic, and beautiful area with homes are great prices. My concerning why so many homes for sale , and foreclosure in Charlotte. Is there someting I don't know. Like crimes, and no jobs.

I would like to know if Huntersville is a save area, easy to get jobs. As well about Clayton, close to Raleigh. This city is more country, but very close to everthing.

Please, let me know if someone can give a message about these cities.

Thank you

Gina ( Brazilian in Florida)

Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM

27 posts, read 76,336 times
Default Huntersville or Clayton

To Gina 2007:

We have been in Clayton for two years and moved from Charlotte near Huntersville. I did much of my shopping in Huntersville and had good doctors in that area. I would be inclined to say Huntersville is much better than Clayton. It is definitely much NICER than Clayton, that is for sure! BUT...it really depends on what you are looking for in your general lifestyle, home, schools, etc. I would love to share all the information with you I know. My instant pick would be that you would be much happier with Huntersville. Have you visited the two towns? Again, it really depends on what is important to you. I think the schools are better in Clayton, believe it or not. But Charlotte/Huntersville has so many more conveniences. Also, taxes are something you definitely need to look at. Our home there was purchased for $238,000 and our taxes were about $1600 for the year. Here, in Clayton, our home was $404,000...(it is a much nicer home...I am not comparing home prices, just taxes) and our taxes are over $4000 for the year. Anyway, give me a shout back and I would love to tell you all I know!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,827 times
Hi Gina,

I'm from FL, too. We moved to Clayton a year ago and we loved it. I just visited Mooresville/Hunterville/Concord and have to say that Clayton and M/H/C are totally different from each other. Clayton has more rural feel to it while others aren't. According to schools' scoring, Clayton is better than those three towns. BUT M/H/C have the better shopping centers, city feel to it, and stuff like that. The only complaint I have with Clayton is a driving distance to the shopping center. Clayton is catching up...they are now building more new stores and a new hospital will be built sometime this coming Spring. It just all depends on what you're looking for. When I was shopping for a new home before deciding on Clayton for sure, my main focus is education for my child. I checked the school score and boy, am I glad that I've found a wonderful school for him. We're very pleased that we made the right decision. I hope you'll find what you're looking for. It's best that you must have at least one visit to any towns you wants to see before making a decision. It took us a year to do the research. Good Luck.

Last edited by cakeprincess; 11-12-2007 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 11-17-2007, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 15,445 times
It really depends on what you are looking for. Clayton has a very rural feel and has great schools. What has made me love Clayton is its that it is rural but very convenient to the city and situated so in between the beach and mountains. It is one of the fastest growing places in the country and right now it is ideal for prices.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,555,576 times
I would compare Huntersville more with Cary ten years ago.
It was once modeled after Cary and once was the states fastest growing cities

Here a video and timeline of Huntersville explaining why it a great place to live
Notice the population timeline and you will see it like being a part of New City.
Plus largest man made lake in the state is great for recreation also Mountain Island lake for a more quieter lake experience is in your backyard.
Town of Huntersville, North Carolina (http://www.huntersville.org/welcome_1.asp - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina