Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 25,068 times

Advertisements

hello, my daughters boyfriend is being stationed in Fort Bragg next month. she is graduating in May and moving out there with him. they are not getting married yet so will have to live off post. she is wanting to go to college for ultrasound technician which some are also x-rays schools that do both. was wondering about any colleges that have these degrees and a good place for them to live that is SAFE, affordable, and close to bragg for him to commute and for her to commute to college as well.
Thanks so much for your help!!! Trying to get some stuff done before I start back at school the middle of January. finishing up my RN!!
Thanks so much, Crystal
He is a firefighter in the Army.
Do they get deployed a lot does anyone know. My daughter freaking out about that and being alone so def need somewhere safe for her to live if he does!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,731 times
There are lots of nice safe (even gated) apartments near post. The only problem is; not being married the boyfriend won't get extra housing allowance.

Fayetteville Tech Community College has radiography associates degrees.

http://www.faytechcc.edu/areas_of_st...adiography.pdf

There is also Fayetteville State University and Methodist College in town

Old 12-30-2011, 07:05 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Depending on their budget, they may have to look outside of Fayetteville proper. We have new neighbors who have been at Ft Bragg for 3 years and finally decide the cost of being close to the base was too high for them. We are 12 miles from Ft Bragg.
If they want to be close, there are safe developments / apartments and they just have to look around for what they can afford.Not sure what programs Central Carolina Community College has, but they have campuses in Lillington (we are 12 miles from there) and Sanford. Also, Wake Tech is just up 401 and about a 20-30 minute drive?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 PM

thanks so much for your info and help. this is a great site!!! yeah the boyfriend talking to the husband tomorrow and has a ring already. he leaves on sunday, so we will see what the husband says about it, but not sure they wanna get married soon tho although more money and free college. can't beat that!!!! I will check into those colleges, thanks so much for your input!!! I greatly appreciate it!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
BEST WISHES to the kids.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,938 times
Stedman and Eastover would be good safe places to live, but close enough to Fay./Ft. Bragg, it would only be about a 20 min. drive to town.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcriber75 View Post
He is a firefighter in the Army.
Do they get deployed a lot does anyone know. My daughter freaking out about that and being alone so def need somewhere safe for her to live if he does!!!
The firefighters were deployed to Puerto Rico to help with an explosion at an oil refinery. Deployment is part of the job! Military wives have to develop a support system of friends when their spouses are deployed.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Yeah I know deployment is. I know it will be hard on her. HOpefully she will meet a lot of people before that happens. so how long were they deployed for do you know?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcriber75 View Post
Yeah I know deployment is. I know it will be hard on her. HOpefully she will meet a lot of people before that happens. so how long were they deployed for do you know?
Sorry, but I just saw a newspaper article, which may have been misleading. These were civilian firefighters, and it was only a week: Fort Bragg deploys firefighters to Puerto Rico | Article | The United States Army

Don't worry, your daughter will find friends.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 PM

How far actually is smithfield or wilmington from bragg. They seem to be the closest school that offer medical sonography which is what she wants to do. I'm not sure where they are going to live yet. They are engaged now as of New Year's Day!! He had to go back that day as well. Was very sad!! So hard on them. Be glad when they can be together but will be very hard on me losing my daughter so far away!!! If they were married and lived on base does it cost then for them to live on base? This stuff confuses me!!! If anyone knows of any other colleges offering sonography programs closer please let me know!!!
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina