Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:58 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,415 times

Advertisements

What's the word on Concord? I know little of it; only some basic vital stats, and that there are new neighborhoods coming up. So far, I think I like what I've seen. Anyone live there? Visited there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2006, 02:18 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist
What's the word on Concord? I know little of it; only some basic vital stats, and that there are new neighborhoods coming up. So far, I think I like what I've seen. Anyone live there? Visited there?
We lived there for 7 years. It's a nice town; known more for being a bedroom community to Charlotte. [personal opinion: once that happened we were glad to be shed of the place ]. Has a very strong medical community, decent shopping: most of the Big Box places plus a small mall, and a ~30 minute drive to Concord Mills and all the stores along Speedway Blvd. There is a wonderful historic district, and the town has easy access to Charlotte (down 4 lane I-85 or 4 lane highway 29 -- which you want to avoid during Race Weeks because it runs right past the track). There ought to be plenty of realty to choose from, though you might want to stay away from subdivisions toward the race track. We lived 10 miles from there and could still hear the roar of the engines during the races.

It's lost much of the charm that is comparable to Salisbury, IMO, but most people find it a comfortable place to live.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 PM

483 posts, read 1,567,582 times
Default Definitely Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardeny
Just wanted to briefly add that the reason i said you should visit, is because sometimes its hard to find info on the best little quaint towns.. It's like finding a treasure..lol..
When we visited the Raleigh area we loved it. But my husband's job opptys came from Charlotte. When he told me that we should consider the Charlotte area, I was extremely against it because we spent a lot of time in the Raleigh area and I felt very comfortable. But he told me in order to have a fair opinion, we should visit Charlotte. Well, we did and I was so nervous because I was afraid that I wasn't going to get that comfort feeling I had when we went to Raleigh. Well, turns out that I did. And I loved the area and are moving down to Matthews within the next month or so.

To your point, it is very important to really visit the areas. See and feel your surroundings to know whether you will like it. It doesn't take just one day; spend a few days in the area. What you see online may not always be what you expect to get. Good luck to everyone making the move!

Old 05-24-2006, 04:51 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,851 times
Matthews is very nice. I love the little town of Matthews. One of my best friends is head of the Chamber out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina