Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 22,073 times

Advertisements

My husband's company is relocating us to the Fayetteville/Fort Bragg area...probably sometime this summer. Does anyone have any information or recommendations as to the best areas/neighborhoods there for buying a home? Also, does anyone have info. on the Cumberland County school system? I'm a teacher and am interested in finding out what that school system is like. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM

16 posts, read 83,702 times
Here are two of the best links for finding out about North Carolina Schools:
http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/go/NC

http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/
This information is provided with no obligation or attempt to solicit any business. These links are available to anyone with unrestricted internet access. Just trying to be helpful. Good Luck. Jay

Old 03-30-2006, 01:08 AM

5 posts, read 48,984 times
Do not move anywhere near the Bonnie Doone area of Fayetteville...Fayetteville also has a high crime rate....They are trying to improve things there...it is a nice place to visit for shopping, eating out,etc..I would never want to live there again....They are also expanding Ft. Bragg,so, the housing market will probably be short and prices will probably go up...

Old 04-02-2006, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 22,068 times
Default Hope Mills and Rockfish

My wife is a Realtor so I hear about it daily. Buy a house outside Fayetteville ASAP if you can. The building is on - due to ongoing Fort Bragg expansion. This is driving housing prices up like crazy, with no end in site through 2011. On the flip side, a nice home would seem like a true investment if bought while the values are still going up. Good luck, NC is nice.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM

7 posts, read 57,392 times
I would be very happy to talk with you about this area. I am a local Real Estate Agent and a life-long resident of the Fayetteville area.

If there is anything I can answer for you please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email.

THANKS!

Jeffery "JT" Prevatte
Keller Williams Realty
(910) 494-5570
www.MyNewNCHome.com
MyNewNCHome@TopProducer.com

Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 AM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
There are fine areas IN Fayetteville, close enough to Ft Bragg. One place to look is Militarybyowner.com for house listings. Some are by owner, some are for sale with a realtor.
Another school website to check out, it IS a fee for use of full site, but I used it when moving here to Fayetteville (and again when moving to Charlotte which we'll do in a few weeks) is PSK12 Public School Rankings
It gives full county reults by test score. If you'd be interested in the schools I looked at when looking at houses pm me. We ended up in a great area, with what are the best (test scores) schools--es/ms/hs-- in the county, in an affordable, nice, safe neighborhood. Most of our neighbors are military or were military and some are now retired, but have their kids in the schools here so are not moving.
Joan
ps--what I found when looking for houses was that starting with good schools got us looking into good safe neighborhoods, also, fayetteville nc real estate agent is a great link that lets you search by SCHOOL, as well as price/beds/baths etc

Last edited by joanchris2000; 06-04-2007 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: ps info

Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM

246 posts, read 1,007,221 times
I lived in Fayetteville 14 years, its home even though I am in North Dakota.

Anyway, Avoid at all costs living in Foxfire area. I grew up in the area called "The Lakes", which at the time was a pretty nice area, and my folks still own a house in that area (have to let them know about the housing rush), and all in all, foxfire was a big no no to go into at night.

Not sure if it is still now, but, usually neighborhoods get worse, not better.

I liked westover for schooling. Also attended St Patrick's till 7th grade which was good if you like private school thing.

Fayetteville always felt overcrowded, especially in the mall.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:35 PM

68 posts, read 284,280 times
If I was you, I'd live as far away as I could and just commute. I dont like to trash cities but there's absolutely zero things that is redeeming about that place.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 AM

9 posts, read 47,844 times
Default Fort Bragg Area

You may also want to consider Harnett County and some of the surrounding areas. There is a lot of new construction going on in the area due to the growth of Fort Bragg. Prices are still reasonable because there is still quite a bit of available land. In a few years that may change but there are currently plenty of different options available in the area around Fort Bragg.

As one of your previous responders pointed out, ncreportcards.org is a great site to use to check out schools in North Carolina. It lists the state report cards for all the schools in the state and it is free.

Last edited by Rita Taylor; 08-22-2007 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: fix a typo

Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM

17 posts, read 78,104 times
A good area is around Buffalo Lake Road. It is about 10-15 min from base. Really nice 1 story and 2 story homes. We have lived here 2 1/2 years and love it. Peachtree Crossing subdvision. If you go to There are a few homes for sale and rental homes. Great school district and very kid friendly. Plus, there is a lake and golf course min. away!! My husband and I love this area.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-01-2009 at 01:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina