Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,355,859 times

Advertisements

I would think twice about Carolina Trace if you're thinking of moving to the Triangle in the future. It's a very nice golf (retirement?) community, but it's on the south side of Sanford and would be that much further from the Triangle. It's closer to Fayetteville, Spring Lake, and Fort Bragg. A neighborhood on the north side or between Pittsboro and Sanford would give you more proximity to the Triangle.

Apex to Sanford is about 30 min. Holly Springs is about the same. Pittsboro to Sanford is about 20 min. IMO the Triangle has way, way, way more to offer than Sanford. People in Sanford may think that because her skin is browner that she does speak Spanish. The Triangle has a lot of diversity and you would be less likely to run into that. I think you would probably enjoy living closer to the Triangle more.

Sanford is much like any town of its size in SC, but with the additional military influence. I would say it's similar to Florence SC.

Some place nearer the Triangle is going to be much closer to a Mt Pleasant type atmosphere (although w/o the beach).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,908 times
[quote=Johnfrommtpleasant;30020765]I am white (from SC) . My wife is Mexican-American (7th generation Texan). She is brown-skinned. Will she be comfortable in Sanford? Is everyone there resentful of the farmworkers that live there (and take the crap jobs so they don't have to) and likely to be bigoted towards my family. I am about to start work in Sanford in a month and we are not going to be able to visit before then and are trying to decide between living in Cary or Sanford for the first year. She is fine with living in Sanford for a year so I will have a very short commute, but I am worried about whether or not most people there are ok with non whites.
Thank you for any impressions/info you can give me about this.[/
From my experience here, and I've been here for 13 years. Everyone is nice to each other, and nobody is there is a large portion of hispanic people.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,908 times
You would probably like it here, right now it's about 75°F in the middle of summer, and it's been like this for the past 2 weeks so the temperature is pretty good. A lot of places where you could take a toddler, 2 major parks, recreation centers, and little daycares everywhere in case you and your wife decide to go out. A very diverse and ample collection of restaurants, and if you are deciding to live in an apartment instead of a house, the average rent is really low with only 425$ dollars a month. Also a bowling alley, a skating rink, and a movie theatre.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
I was born and raised in Long Island New York then moved to Sanford North Carolina and became a mailman with the United States postal service and I had walked and drove every block nick and cranny and I loved it there yes there were or still are some shady areas but every town city and state has them the people are very friendly I lived there for 3 years and I only saw one small block that sold weed I never seen or heard of any other drug in Sanford but Sanford is very old so lots of buildings are old and houses to that need fixing and painting but it's not that bad I now live in fl and hate it I would do anything to move back there but to transfer again is a pain so mane a few more years maybe I yea and the people how look like they might be in gangs with the bagy closes and hanging out on the streets don't act stupid like in new your or Florida they are still nice and will talk to you nicely in my opinion but it's up to you where to live and the out skirts of Sanford in the 27332 zip code is nice to live to I do miss Sanford

Old 07-29-2017, 05:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtruck View Post
I am considering a job offer in Sanford, NC. Is that a good place to live, or where else should I consider? I don't mind some commute.
I would say laurel valley

Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,538,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtruck View Post
03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I am considering a job offer in Sanford, NC. Is that a good place to live, or where else should I consider? I don't mind some commute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedCircuit View Post
I would say laurel valley
ForgedCircuit, welcome to C-D. As a helpful hint, you need to check the dates of the posts you reply to... this one was posted 11 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina