Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2006, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,269 times

Advertisements

anyone know anything? schools, housing, taxes, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 AM

58 posts, read 344,515 times
You could try here: http://www.sanfordnc.net/

I couldn't find much more on the net. I have been there once before, it was a nice small town. There wasn't too much new development

Old 07-29-2017, 05:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,711 times
Behaven elementary school in harnett county

Old 07-29-2017, 06:18 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,189 times
what do you want to know exactly its just small town NC living

there are schools houses and taxes

tell us what drew you there and particulars you are looking for. If you're rural minded you may like it. If you're urban/suburban amenities you may not

walmart yes target no

Old 07-29-2017, 06:59 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
Folks, this thread was posted 11 years ago!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:02 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,503,397 times
The thread may be over a decade old, but IIRC C-D encourages contributing to old threads. Does that apply to 10+ years? Who knows lol. Here my contribution.

Sanford is okay. I talked mad junk about it about 4 years ago when I was in my "I hate Fayetteville and everything close to or associated with Fayetteville" stage...wguch still hasn't gone away btw.

Sanford is okay. A small town of about 30k in central NC 45 mins from Raleigh and Fayetteville. A few chain restaurants (Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, etc) with a few good local joints (Brass Kettle, Hawkins Pizza, downtown steakhouses) and the big box stores you will need (walmart, Lowe's, big lots, Ross). No Home Depot, no Best Buy, no Target, no Dennys IHOP Panera. Safe, extremely affordable if you're fine with having nothing to do.

I lived there for 4 months recently abd looked for jobs there just because of the affordability. Nothing outaude manufacturing/factory and mechanic and mcjob walmart type stuff.

I wouldn't really recommend.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:17 AM

678 posts, read 738,674 times
It seems like the best thing about Sanford is its location. You can get to Greensboro, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Southern Pines, all within a ~45 minute (or less) drive. If you had a (tech) job which was mostly working remotely and wanted a low COL, Sanford would seem great for that.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 20,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
It seems like the best thing about Sanford is its location. You can get to Greensboro, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Southern Pines, all within a ~45 minute (or less) drive. If you had a (tech) job which was mostly working remotely and wanted a low COL, Sanford would seem great for that.
This ^. I lived in Fayetteville for 11+ years and now live in Sanford, and I would have a hard time wanting to move back to Fayetteville because of the convienience of being able to drive to any one of these cities quickly. Also, there is no traffic in Sanford to speak of compared to the bigger cities. I don't know if you're anything like me, but I don't need to go to Best Buy or other places that aren't here every day; that being said, Best Buy is only a less than 30 minute drive from my place anyway. There isn't a lot to do in Sanford itself it seems, though take my opinion on this with a grain of salt because I haven't had too much of a chance to get out there and see yet. There is a Lowe's, Wal-Mart, and the chain restaurants someone else mentioned. I work in Manufacturing here, and it pays pretty good. For what it's worth, I'm having an easier time than some of my friends in Fayetteville, because Fayetteville is pretty much a retail dominant sector, which doesn't pay that well.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:33 AM

873 posts, read 1,017,839 times
I'd just add that 15-501-1 and 87 in Sanford are two of the best--maybe the best--non-interstate highways we have in North Carolina, with well-marked and well-designed exits and great driving conditions. They're pretty scenic too, with curves and hills that keep your attention without being too challenging to test your abilities as a driver. Coming from Durham, I often prefer using these roads as an alternative to boring I-40 and I-95 when heading to Myrtle Beach or the like. And it's also a good place to stop to shop, get gas and eat as others have mentioned too.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:39 PM

96 posts, read 84,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Folks, this thread was posted 11 years ago!
I love when no one looks at the date. Their kids are probably out of college by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina