Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,987,599 times

Advertisements

Here is a good place to check for sex offenders and police reports.

Cumberland County Sheriff's Office

and the police dept's

Fayetteville Police Department P2C - provided by OSSI

Beware of craigslist there are so many scams with our for sale listings being ripped off and con men trying to rent them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM

9 posts, read 28,368 times
Like the posters before have said, you've been warned. You DON'T want to live here.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM

33 posts, read 99,663 times
I've been doing a lot of looking in the Raeford area and have found that it's nice and quiet with some good neighborhoods...very close to fayetteville too. A lot of houses are in the 700 range. There's a house in Fayetteville listed by Re/Max for 700 that is a 3 bed 2 bath home on less than an acre lot that is about 1200 sq ft I think it was. If you want information, feel free to PM me. I was going to go for it, but it's going to be an hour drive as I will be working in Pinehurst. It's in the 28314 zip code. I don't know how that is in relation to where you will work, but it's outskirtsy so you won't have to worry about as much hustle and bustle crime...there's also a Walmart that I think is relatively close by with a Food Lion across from it.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM

33 posts, read 99,663 times
Cameron is also a quiet little area north of fayetteville. I've liked a couple of places for rent there too...you may be able to find a nice manufactured home for rent...they don't look bad. I'm not big into manufactured homes and I don't think it's too bad...front porches and all that. :-) Avoid the Spring Lake area...I've heard some terrible things about it. It sounds like there's more bad places there than good.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 13,813 times
wouldn't want to live on murchison. though fayetteville state university is there, some of the neighborhoods are questionable. and homes in raeford or off ramsey street are probably you're best bet.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:01 PM

840 posts, read 2,087,645 times
Never understood the hatred of Fayetteville, I like the city and just like any other city it needs it fixing but other than that its lovely.

Fayetteville Resident for 14 yrs now livng in Charlotte
Lived in Hollywood Heights(Would not recommend)
Off of Hope Mills Rd in Ashton Forest
Lived off of Ramsey Street near Pine Forest Mid

Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,437 times
If you can afford it, rent a place out in Gates Four. Great schools in that area too!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,787,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreckner86 View Post
Avoid the Spring Lake area...I've heard some terrible things about it. It sounds like there's more bad places there than good.
What have you heard bad about Spring Lake?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM

30 posts, read 132,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraley2010 View Post
We've been looking for a place to rent on craigslist...
Any roads in particular we need to stay away from??
I would not trust Craiglist in Fayetteville. There are many nice apartments to rent here because of the military and you can use other websites to do it. You don't need to go to live in Raedford, Cameron, Spring Lake... You can stay in Fay and rent a good apatment in the area of Morganton or Cliffdale roads.

Fayetteville is not that bad. I am from Europe and I have been here for some years. At first I wanted to die, but now I don't think it is that bad. Everything you need to be happy is your job, your boyfriend, and good friends. Raleigh is only an hour and a half away and it has many things to offer if needed. Also the beach is just over two hours away, and Charlotte is also at driving distance.

FYI, you can access police reports for free online; that way you can check how many "incidents" have occurred in certain streets. The website is Fayetteville Police Department - Be The Best Be The Badge Just click on "police reports".

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 AM

15 posts, read 83,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallarios View Post
I would not trust Craiglist in Fayetteville. There are many nice apartments to rent here because of the military and you can use other websites to do it. You don't need to go to live in Raedford, Cameron, Spring Lake... You can stay in Fay and rent a good apatment in the area of Morganton or Cliffdale roads.

Fayetteville is not that bad. I am from Europe and I have been here for some years. At first I wanted to die, but now I don't think it is that bad. Everything you need to be happy is your job, your boyfriend, and good friends. Raleigh is only an hour and a half away and it has many things to offer if needed. Also the beach is just over two hours away, and Charlotte is also at driving distance.

FYI, you can access police reports for free online; that way you can check how many "incidents" have occurred in certain streets. The website is Fayetteville Police Department - Be The Best Be The Badge Just click on "police reports".

I hope this helps. Good luck!

^^Sounds like you settled. Make a list of things you can't live without and compare that list to what the area has to offer. It will come down to what's more important and how far you are willing to drive. I am looking in the Spring lake ---> Cary area. (20min to 1hour.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina