Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:11 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,820,292 times

Advertisements

If he cares so much about how it gets done, then he should do it himself.

Just like making the bed--the person who does it must be the person that cares more about it being done.

I'm single--my bed gets made when I change the sheets, and that's about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,873,047 times
"A courtyard common to all will be swept by none." I've heard that a few times. Deep cleaning does have to be done from time to time by somebody, either by you and your roommates, or by the cleaning crew who will be paid out of your security deposit. However, leaving notes like that is childish. It's also not fair for you to be stuck with that chore unless your roommates also do similar chores. What does Mr. Clean do? Scrub the toilets?

I'd go to him and say, "Hey, I understand that this stuff has to be done from time to time, but I don't like that you think it's my job to do it. We all use the kitchen. Let's sit down this weekend and make out a chore list and decide what's fair." If neither of them want to do big chores, there's your answer. You don't have to do them either. You'll lose part of your deposit to clean the place when you leave, but that's the problem of whoever paid it.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,478,739 times
Threesome?!?!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,679,505 times
Your roomates not a clean freak, he a control freak, big difference.
Clean freaks are OCD's and would have done the job themselves, they don't trust anyone else to do the job as good as they would.

He's trying to see how far he can push you. If it were me, I wouldn't respond to petty juvenille notes, just ignore it. He's attempting to provoke a response, don't bite.

If he asked me If I saw the note, I'd say no and leave the ball in his court.
That's when I'd have my prepared response ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyau View Post
I do not know if this is the right place to post this but anyways. So I have two roommates. They are couple, the girl is ok and I have no problems with her but the boy I just can't stand him. He is a clean freak or at least acts like a clean freak. He is always boasting about how he used to clean every nook and corners of his room and how he does this and that. I have no problem with it. I have never really liked him but my respect for him went way down when he mistreated his girl's mother. I just don't talk to him or the girl that much now.
So the problem is I clean the kitchen every week and when I clean it I always scrub the sink and clean the stovetop. But on sunday there was a note on fridge saying that when I clean the kitchen please clean fan, cupboards and most important sink and stove. So I was just mad and I have not replied to his note yet. But I am thinking about replying.
Am I wrong to be angry? Should I reply to his note? What should I do?
Please help. I do not want to be rude but this is just making me so angry.

Last edited by virgode; 02-10-2010 at 06:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships