Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 04:02 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,595,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Call your state's CPS. Stat. This is not okay regardless of his handicap. He could as easily be victimized as well as he is inadvertently victimizing the neighborhood.

Exactly. Like I said before, the mother is responsible for her minor, developmentally disabled, son, and she is not doing her job. The correct and legal thing to do is to report her to social services.

So Bentonite, do it now. CPS has a 24 hour hotline. Do it now.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
For the sake of the young man, he needs to be taught that this is inappropriate, and should only be done in private.

This kind of thing will get him into a LOT of trouble, even assaulted, by people who will be offended by this sexual behavior in public.

As a kindness to him, I believe you need to report this to a nonemergency police number if you have that in your area, or CPS if you don't.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:34 PM

1,719 posts, read 733,053 times
Thanks for the opinions and advice. Should LO be called, or CPS? Or both?

If it seems we've been too patient with this boy, it's not solely out of compassion. The mother is VERY litigious and has filed lawsuits against two neighbors. She claims "harassment" at the drop of a hat. She also has a court case going on in another city. We're not afraid of her, but we can't afford to spend the thousands of dollars she does with her lawyers. She's a fighter and enjoys fighting and has the means to do so.

But yeah, enough is enough. Masturbation is the last straw. And I would hate for an angry father to take a potshot at the boy if he's doing something out in the street.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:38 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,685,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post

If it seems we've been too patient with this boy, it's not solely out of compassion. The mother is VERY litigious and has filed lawsuits against two neighbors. She claims "harassment" at the drop of a hat. She also has a court case going on in another city. We're not afraid of her, but we can't afford to spend the thousands of dollars she does with her lawyers. She's a fighter and enjoys fighting and has the means to do so.

But yeah, enough is enough. Masturbation is the last straw. And I would hate for an angry father to take a potshot at the boy if he's doing something out in the street.
I would not call law enforcement. I worked for a state agency that served people like your neighbor and we found that many LEOs did not have the appropriate training to deal with people who had developmental disabilities. They will often not respond as requested, which can end in tragedy if the LEO doesn’t have a lot of experience or training with disabled people. CPS is there to know how to locate resources and assist the parent in getting the help she needs.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:40 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Call your state's CPS. Stat. This is not okay regardless of his handicap. He could as easily be victimized as well as he is inadvertently victimizing the neighborhood.
^^^^This. Well said! Pervs look for kids like him as they consider them as easy targets due to their disabilities.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:43 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post

When calling CPS, they will keep your info confidential. The mother will never know who it is that made the report. I wish you all the best as you deal with this nightmare.

Old 03-25-2022, 05:00 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
CPS, Cops (do those TODAY) and pay an attorney a couple hundred dollars to send them a cease and desist letter immediately. There's no way in hell I'd have that happening to where I couldn't be outside in my own backyard-mental disability or not.

You've been a lot nicer than I ever would be with everything over the years.

Keep us posted!

Old 03-25-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
When calling CPS, they will keep your info confidential. The mother will never know who it is that made the report. I wish you all the best as you deal with this nightmare.
Thanks. We'll be very careful about what we say. If CPS tells the mother, "Your son is near the retaining wall, doing XXX to the neighbors who live below you," she'll immediately know it's us and will slap a lawsuit against us.

Also, the mother drinks heavily and loves her guns. We don't scare easily, but she's as volatile as nitroglycerin.

Is CPS available during weekends, or do I need to wait until Monday?

Old 03-25-2022, 05:05 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Bent-Do you have security cameras on your backyard? If not, I'd install asap. Technically you aren't filming him specifically but protecting your property. If he's in on any footage doing these tihngs then that's your proof of what is happening and she has no leg to stand on. Get GOOD quality cameras.

Old 03-25-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Bent-Do you have security cameras on your backyard? If not, I'd install asap. Technically you aren't filming him specifically but protecting your property. If he's in on any footage doing these tihngs then that's your proof of what is happening and she has no leg to stand on. Get GOOD quality cameras.
My husband's talking to our local tech expert about security cameras as I write this.

Will call CPS pronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships