Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 09:50 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times

Advertisements

Sure. They keep me valuing the ones worthy of being in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I can't think of anyone who hates me except for a couple of CD posters. Comes with being a mod. In real life, most people like me. Not sure why. I don't see myself as a naturally nice person. I have to work at it.

Someone once said I could get along with a cockroach. However, that's not true. There are a couple of cockroaches on City-Data, and we don't get along.

Yeah, I mean you, the one who searches my posts on a regular basis looking for something to use against me.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:01 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
As far as I know, no one has hated me...that's a strong word. Disliked me? Yes. One of them is a lady I work with. We're civil, but we generally stay out of each other's way. I don't think we'll ever feel warm and fuzzy toward each other.

Several years ago, when I first started with this company, there was a girl who didn't like me. And for the life of me, I do not know for sure why, but I have a theory. I had started here as a temp, replacing a lady on maternity leave. When that lady came back, my assignment was over.

I'm sure the person still hates me, and she's also from work, but it's gotten better. We are more civil towards each other now. Otherwise I would've left this job already. I don't know why she hates me since she's been that way from the day I started. My only guess is she's racist or jealous of something. I also learned that she referred a friend for the position I applied for, but obviously her friend didn't get it. Now that I have learned the ropes around here and more, she can't bully me anymore even though she still tries. It was so bad the first 3 years that I plotted her death in my head many times , and I literally got panic attacks. Actually, many of my first threads on this forum were about her and her male friend coworker. Things have gotten a lot better since the other coworker got let go. They are worse in pairs.

I have learned not to let hate get to me. It's not worth it.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:08 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Probably. Do I care? Nope.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:22 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
There's an ex-friend who hates me to this day.

The ex-friend was fed a pack of lies by my office mate. I don't know why she believed everything she was told, but she was already angry and bitter about the failure of her marriage, so maybe that was it. Then she told everyone she knew that I was having an affair with her husband. I found out because there was an overlap with our friend groups.

In actuality, her soon-to-be-ex had met someone else online and went on to marry that woman after the divorce from the ex-friend. He had called me once at the office, looking for some information. That's where my charming office mate got the idea we were canoodling.

Wait, it gets weirder.

I left that company and was hired elsewhere. One of the people in my new department already knew about me-being-falsely-accused because he knew the husband well. He expressed the opinion my ex-friend was insane, an idea I was inclined to agree with.

I saw her once, years later, and tried to set the record straight. Nope, she still thinks to this day I was boffing her husband. Nuttier than a fruitcake.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:24 AM

3,145 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
My husband's eldest son apparently hates me.

I've been married to his dad for 15 years and I guess this immature 50 year old think I stole his daddy. But they seem ok with me being his caregiver now. In the words of his eldest daughter (right before we were married) "he's YOUR problem now".....

But dear old dad had been divorced five years from his cheating and gambling wife before we met. She cheated on Dad and married one of her boyfriends after she divorced my husband. After he died, within three months she had some guy that she (rumour has it) cheated with during her marriage move into her home. My husband's kids adore their mother and think she is a saint or something. This is common family knowledge and I have no motive to make it up.

I have forgiven him how he has treated me, but I am glad there is 2500 miles between us. Should I outlive my husband and take him "home" to be buried, I will limit my exposure to his children just long enough to give him a nice service/burial. Then sever all, and I do mean all, ties.

It is what it is.
This is so sad. This happened to a dear friend of ours who married late in life to the love of her life, a widower, and later became his caretaker. When he was seriously ill, she contacted his son, a physician, about his health related issues and the son responded, "he's your problem now." To care so little about his father's happiness and health speaks volumes about him not her.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:39 AM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
My oldest step son doesn’t like me but the younger son and I are close. I don’t have to see him very often. Sometimes when he is in town he doesn’t contact my husband. We usually find out later accidentally. I wouldn’t associated with anyone that hated me.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:43 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
There's an ex-friend who hates me to this day.

The ex-friend was fed a pack of lies by my office mate. I don't know why she believed everything she was told, but she was already angry and bitter about the failure of her marriage, so maybe that was it. Then she told everyone she knew that I was having an affair with her husband. I found out because there was an overlap with our friend groups.

In actuality, her soon-to-be-ex had met someone else online and went on to marry that woman after the divorce from the ex-friend. He had called me once at the office, looking for some information. That's where my charming office mate got the idea we were canoodling.

Wait, it gets weirder.

I left that company and was hired elsewhere. One of the people in my new department already knew about me-being-falsely-accused because he knew the husband well. He expressed the opinion my ex-friend was insane, an idea I was inclined to agree with.

I saw her once, years later, and tried to set the record straight. Nope, she still thinks to this day I was boffing her husband. Nuttier than a fruitcake.
I once had a woman take me aside and tell me that she'd heard I'd slept with her boyfriend. She said she had to know and that I could be honest and tell her and she wouldn't be mad. She'd heard it from a reliable source.

NO, I hadn't screwed around with her boyfriend, and the hilarious part was that he was MARRIED TO SOMEBODY ELSE to begin with! This was his side thing asking me if I was messing around with "her boyfriend".

That was around 30 years ago. Through the wonders of the Internet, I see he's still married to his wife. Don't know where "girlfriend" ended up.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:14 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Not many, but yes.

I brought on someone as a partner in my company when things were just ramping up. She said all the right things and, for the first year, did all the right things. But the minute she made partner, she started to coast. As in became incredibly lazy.

She would come in twenty minutes late and left early at the same time that I was coming in early, leaving late, and coming in on weekends. I finally put the quietus to that when I pointed out that you have to lead by example. You cannot ask the employees to be on time if you're skating in late and skating out early.

She would just do incredibly rude things. Like one day, my other biz partner bought some flavored coffee as a change of pace. It wasn't my thing, but whatever. This woman came in, took one sip, and poured out the entire coffee pot into the sink and made another batch of coffee she preferred. "I hate flavored coffee" was all she said.

She never would learn anything about our clients' businesses. I would literally hand her stuff to read so that we could intelligently talk about it and it would simply wind up in the wastebasket.

She insisted on going to client meetings, but never would say a word in those meetings outside of the meet and greet.

She insisted on having authority over her department, but wouldn't actually supervise the staff, not even stepping in when a couple of them royally screwed things up. And if something screwed up in her department it was obviously someone else's fault.

She was a fractious presence, constantly spewing out petty complaints about how we did things, but would shrivel up and die if she were called to account on some pretty big stuff. She had way too high an opinion of her own abilities.

She never bothered to learn about our financial operations ("Math is hard" was her common complaint) and never bothered to learn the fundamentals of our accounting software (She had full access to all financial records), but would constantly throw shade on how I was doing things. Mind you, this despite the fact that I had managed the place into churning out a healthy profit. She even accused me of ripping off herself and the other partner, despite the fact that I had actually paid myself less than them to get through a rough patch in the business. To that, I simply went to the accounting department and handed her the check ledger, the general ledger, and told her that anytime she wanted to perform a full audit of the books to have at it. Then I walked out. I may be a lot of things, but dishonest is not one of them.

After two years of this nonstop crap, the other partner started coming to me and saying, "Either she goes or I go." I stalled as long as could, simply because I knew the entire process of buying her out would be grueling based on the neurotic crap she would pull.

But we had landed a significant project for a potentially very large client and she accidentally threw out their prototype. As in left it in a box marked "Trash" on the floor. I walked into her office, said, "Karen, you need to get send that back to the client right away." To which she said, "Yeah, I'll do it today." And then I said, "Don't leave it in that box marked 'Trash' or the janitor will throw it away." "I said I'LL DO IT."

Did she do it? No. Did the prototype get thrown away? Yes. Suddenly, whose fault was it? Mine for not doing it myself. Never mind that it was her account and her acknowledged responsibility. As a result we lost more than a half-million dollars in business. Breaking the news to my client was about the worst 30 minutes of my career. We came within a hairsbreadth of being sued. She wasn't respected by her employees, our clients never asked her a thing in meetings, she was the sand in the gears at all times, and she cost us an enormous piece of business.

That was the last straw. I fired her the next day and waited for the letter from her attorney. Like clockwork it arrived. Fortunately, I already had a good corporate attorney and we had documented everything. It also helped that I had an exceptionally clean set of books, as in not a hair out of place. When I announced her firing at the next morning's staff meeting, one of my senior employees simply laughed and said, "What took you so long?"

Her lawyer, who was a complete incompetent, demanded an outrageous sum for her shares of stock. We turned her down cold, countering with an offer that still was about a 1,500% increase in her share value over the span of a couple of years. Instead of taking it and running like a scalded dog, she instead waged this low-level war against us, demanding to look at our books every month and demanding to know the rationale for every little expenditure. The most petty of these was when I expensed $7 at a Burger King when I was on the road seeing clients. It probably cost her $200 in legal fees to inquire about a $7 Burger King receipt. Her lawyer bills must have cost her a fortune.

A year later, when presumably she ran out of money, she came to heel. By that time, I had reduced my offer for her stock to an amount that was 1/3rd of my original offer. She took it and ran. I never said a bad thing publicly about her afterwards, but she has spent the past twenty years trashing me to anyone who would listen. Fortunately, I have a good professional reputation, far better than hers, while she has pretty much sunk into obscurity. Last time I heard, she was working as an assistant practice manager at a doctors office somewhere, out of the business entirely.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
There's only one person I can think of in "real life" that truly hates me with a passion and there are two that dislike me but not strongly enough to make a big issue out of it. And there's 3 or 4 really strange people on forums that I think probably dislike me enough it could be called hate, at least that's how their very rude responses seem to me. I'm of the opinion that all of these people have mental health "quirks" or instabilities that have influenced or exacerbated their emotional feelings towards other people that they don't get along with.

The 3 or 4 people online are mouthy, ignorant and insulting and I mostly ignore them. I don't know them, they don't know me and they don't mean anything to me so they could all drop dead for all I care, it wouldn't make any difference to me.

In "real life" the two people that dislike me I also ignore and don't try to initiate any kind of communication other than to give a nod and say hello if I'm passing close by. If they have to speak to me for some reason and initiate a conversation I'll be polite to them but I don't try to be friendly and cheerful with them and I try to keep the conversation as short and to the point as possible.

The guy that really strongly hates me is a relative stranger in his 60's who lives in the same high-rise building as me and he has told the building management that he has had life long mental health issues since early childhood. I don't know if that is true or not but I do think it's something he uses as an excuse for bad behavior and carelessness. He is abrupt and rude and gets verbally abusive and paranoid with lots of people, commonly calls people liars and thieves or accuses people of calling him a liar over completely delusional, imaginary things.

He is also afraid of me and runs away from me when he sees me. I suspect he is a bit afraid and a hater of all women because none of the men here have had problems with him but some of the other women here who have had to interact with him have had difficulties with him. But he doesn't run away from the other women, just me. When he got rude and aggressive and ranted at them they didn't talk back or stand up for themselves, they were just really shocked. But when he suddenly, unexpectedly got rude with me out of the blue and called me a liar I bowed right up on him, got right in his face nose to nose and chewed him out for falsely using his mental health issues as a victim card and a lame excuse for deliberately displaying unacceptable social behaviour and bullying (in other words, I let him know I've got his number) and he backed right off. Ever since then he avoids me like the plague and runs away when he sees me, but I still watch my back when I see him because he's unpredictable and I wouldn't put it past him to get vengeful and violent if something really sets him off. He is one person I would be happy to see disappear permanently.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships