Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 05:49 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,690,318 times

Advertisements

Sounds like your boyfriend has already taken care of it - what else needs to be done? He made it clear that her advances weren't welcome, and he very obviously sided with you, on top of telling her to get back home where she belonged. Don't know what you could add to that.

Not sure I'd be hanging out with her anymore, though. Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 07:38 PM

48,625 posts, read 35,086,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'd tell her to keep her f-ing hands to herself, but that's just me. I don't play nice in these cases, nor should I have to.
All that accomplishes is making you look bad.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2017, 11:09 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,635,691 times
My question is, how did this friend know the boyfriend was there in this parking lot at 2 in the morning? And why was she there?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:10 AM

102,308 posts, read 108,461,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'd tell her to keep her hands to herself, but that's just me. I don't play nice in these cases, nor should I have to.
That is when the Jerry Springer cameras start rolling.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-30-2017 at 08:05 AM..

Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,298,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
My question is, how did this friend know the boyfriend was there in this parking lot at 2 in the morning? And why was she there?
Read the OP's first post again, the "friend" and OP's boyfriend work together, same shift.

But, the "friend" hanging out after work is not the norm, according to the boyfriend the other guys left because she made them uncomfortable.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:10 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,464,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Drinking, in a lot, in a car shows how high class he is and how low your standards are. Dump one and raise the other. You'll be happier in life
It does no such thing. There could be PLENTY of reasons why he's drinking in a lot after work! I'd just as soon not speculate, but I'm certainly not going to be judgemental about that which I know no background on or personal experiences with.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:27 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,635,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Read the OP's first post again, the "friend" and OP's boyfriend work together, same shift.

But, the "friend" hanging out after work is not the norm, according to the boyfriend the other guys left because she made them uncomfortable.
Oh, my bad.

I wonder why he chose to handle the problem the way he did. Whatever that reason is it is clear that this isn't a true friend.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:15 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,635,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
It does no such thing. There could be PLENTY of reasons why he's drinking in a lot after work! I'd just as soon not speculate, but I'm certainly not going to be judgemental about that which I know no background on or personal experiences with.
I’m pretty sure drinking in a car is against the law in all states think open container laws, drinking in public, and in some cases drinking while operating a motor vehicle even though it’s not on. I’m sure cooperate would love to hear about the practice. There is no good reason to drink in a parking lot after work.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:23 PM

10,604 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think you have a soap opera in the making. It has all the elements. Don't people get married any more before having a baby ? Don't people get a divorce before moving in with another girl and having a baby with her ? Do people really sit around in the parking lot after work and toss down a few brews ?

As to your original question, yes, your "friend" is trying for another baby, with your BF.
It is very common for people who work at this place to buy a 12 pack and have a few beers before going home. In fact, it's how my BF and I met and started to see eachother. I became friends with her too, when the guy she was seeing would come to pick her up, and swing by us and have a few beers. I was also the first person outside of family to come see her when she was having her baby, and be able to hold the baby.

As for her situation between her previous partner and herself, it wasn't my place to say anything. I don't know the situation, and my understanding is that they were separated. They are island people, and it's quite common for island people to have open relationships and children with multiple people.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:51 AM

10,604 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Drinking, in a lot, in a car shows how high class he is and how low your standards are. Dump one and raise the other. You'll be happier in life
It has nothing to do with class. He works at a store. I used to work with him at the same store before I quit, and it is common for us who close the store, to buy a 12 pack and then share it in the parking lot for about an hour before going home. It's kind of like the urban version of the tailgate party. I see nothing wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships