Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 07:02 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,650,843 times

Advertisements

My debit card. I hate carrying a purse in to a store so I slip my debit card into my jeans or jacket pocket before I leave the car.

I bet I replace that card at least 3 times a year..I usually find the "lost" one weeks later in the washer or dryer or in a pocket in my closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 07:41 AM

19,238 posts, read 25,632,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
I misplace my car/house key set a lot, so I put a very long, bright lanyard attached to my keys. Now I usually find the keys more quickly.

The lanyard is a very good start, and if you simply put a hook near your door--on which to hang the lanyard when you enter the house--then you would be unlikely to ever misplace your keys again!

Here's an amusing (I think...) anecdote regarding lanyards on important keys. At work, there was one key for the ladies' restroom, and it seemed that many women would either leave the key sitting on the sink when they departed from that room, or would place it in their purse and walk away with it--with the effect that nobody else could use the ladies' restroom until we were able to locate a janitor and have him open the door for the squirming women who needed to use the toilet. It actually got to the point where this chain of events would take place several times each day.

So, one of the women got the idea of attaching a fairly long lanyard to that restroom key. With a very brightly-colored, very noticeable lanyard, surely the problem would end, right?
Wrong!

While that lanyard did reduce the number of lockouts to some extent, they still took place with ridiculous regularity, so that same woman began adding doo-dads, dingle-dangles, and various charms to the lanyard in order to make it..."impossible"...to forget to return the key.
Again, her efforts were not 100% effective, despite the fact that the lanyard had grown to at least two feet in length, with a variety of objects dangling from it.

In essence, some people are perpetually distracted, and virtually nothing will remind them of what they need to do.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:37 PM

3,208 posts, read 2,528,855 times
I used to always lose my keys. We have two trucks so now both sets are on a lanyard along with house keys. They always are placed on the desk along with my purse. I know exactly where they are, either around my neck or on the desk. Or, lol, in the keyhole.

My glasses, otoh, are always getting misplaced. I need bifocals but hate them so have regular lenses. I need glasses for distance, not reading. I take them off for the computer or any close work. Then, they get lost so I have to look all over the house retracing my steps trying to find them without them on. I have no extra pair as I donate them in the drop box at my bank. My sunglasses do not help in the house. I guess I need to get a lanyard for the glasses.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:49 PM

19,238 posts, read 25,632,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am always loosing my care keys these days.
You have clearly identified your problem, and the problem is that your keys are loose!

If you simply tighten whatever is holding them--so that the keys are no longer loose--you will be much less likely to lose the keys for...your care...or your car...or your house...or your office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships