Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:31 AM

61 posts, read 59,384 times

Advertisements

I used to buy my friends gifts all the times. I start to learn that it was not a good way to get respect or friendship. They stopped coming around me when I stop buying gifts for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 07:22 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,331,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petitegal74 View Post
i used to buy my friends gifts all the times. I start to learn that it was not a good way to get respect or friendship. They stopped coming around me when i stop buying gifts for them.
op needs to read your post over and over and over.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl87 View Post
Thank u, she did tell me she is pregnant and she no longer wants me to think the world revolve around me. I gave her a gucci diaper bag and she told me that she was taking it but that i shouldnt be buying her friendship, But i think it goes beyond that.When i found out she was pregnant i bought her a $350 edible arrangement for her and her husband. And i also gave her husband a "new dad" gift . She talked to me the whole day that day as always but we are back to the cold shoulder. She made me realize that she doesnt want my friendship, but i do feel sorry for her bcus she just pushed a wonderful friend out of her life. I still feel very hurt bcus i was always there when she needed me and when i needed her to listen and just give me a hug she told me no... I really do wish her the best bcus even thou she is a pretty <snip>bad friend, shes a great person. Thanks for your post!
what's her being pregnant got to do with her being an a hole.
She didn't "push a wonderful friend out of her life"...she pushed an easy mark money bags out of her life. But don't worry, it won't be for long...cause hanging out with someone who feels the need to buy your attention can probably be quite lucrative.
Maybe instead of wondering why she's so mean to you, you should spend that time figuring out why your self esteem is so low that you feel the necessity to buy gifts to bolster it up.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You cannot buy friends, which is what you are trying to do. So stop already.

Find other people to be friends with.

It sounds like, from your last sentences, that you've finally realized that she isn't a good friend to you.
maybe...but not enough to stop her buying expensive gifts for this so called "friend".
now that this "friend" is pregnant, I'm sure she'll be there to be used again both physically and financially...

Old 04-30-2018, 12:30 PM

23,499 posts, read 19,210,539 times
Old thread.

For pity's sake let's hope this friend isn't STILL pregnant!!

A Gucci diaper bag? What a waste (no, not in that way)!

Old 05-01-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Old thread.

!
It's all good....same thoughts......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships