Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,809,923 times

Advertisements

If you and your partner/wife/husband are having sexual issues would you be comfortable talking to your parents about it (not gory details but only high level of course)? Are you that comfortable with your parents? Or would you discuss it only with your doctor/therapist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,189,777 times
I'm close with my parents but as far as they are concerned I am a virgin, even though I've been married

Old 12-17-2015, 10:40 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
Nooooooooooooooo. NEVER. I never had sex and my parents only had sex twice to make two babies!!!!

I am close to my parents but SEX doesn't exist for us.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
I'm close with my parents but as far as they are concerned I am a virgin, even though I've been married
LMAO! I think I feel a bit differently because I am a guy and guys are supposed to be more open about how they are engaging in sexual stuff...probably a societal thing.

I talked to my mom and day today about some sexual issues I have been having (again VERY high level of course!), it surprisingly did not feel too weird, they were very supportive and encouraged me to get the help I need etc. which actually made me feel much more comforted and relaxed. At first I was very apprehensive to share it, but I am glad I did it.

But then again I am in my early 40s so at this stage in my life I guess I have a do not give a damn attitude about what others think...

Old 12-17-2015, 10:56 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,913,094 times
My mom talks about her sex issues to me. She offered us my dad's leftover ED prescription in case my husband needed it, which my husband said was just an attempt to find out if he has difficulties in that department. She asks me to buy her things at the XXX shop so she doesn't have to go in there (why not order from Amazon like the rest of the world?) She overshares about things, like telling me that my dad, who has Alzheimer's, would take the ED medication and in the 30 minutes it takes to work, would forget what he wanted to do and decide it was time to go somewhere. She gives my dad wet, sloppy French kisses everywhere, which is kind of funny because he doesn't understand anymore and tries to kiss my dog the same way.

I think my mom would be happy if I discussed any possible sex issues with her, but I wouldn't do it. One time I had enough of a problem to talk to my gynecologist about it and she was a good listener and made several suggestions.

I'm more likely to look for answers to my issues online than to really ask someone.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:01 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
Why do you want to talk about your penis issues with your parents??

Old 12-17-2015, 11:08 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,464,488 times
I'm close with my parents, but not that close. If I'm having a sexual issue I want to discuss with someone, it'd be with my doctor, my close friends, even my sister, but not my mom.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm close with my parents, but not that close. If I'm having a sexual issue I want to discuss with someone, it'd be with my doctor, my close friends, even my sister, but not my mom.
I feel completely the opposite, i'd rather discuss it with my parents who I feel I can reveal it in confidence rather than my close friends - hell no, i'm not going to discuss this with my friends and have all my personal info leak out. The only people I trust to keep this confidential are my parents! As for my doctor... my doctor could care less about how this is affecting me emotionally, he may just prescribe some meds. For instance my doc barely even wanted to speak to me as he was so busy and had one foot out the door calling the next patient... doctors really don't give a crap about you and just want to go through as many patients as possible in a day.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:21 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,045,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My mom talks about her sex issues to me. She offered us my dad's leftover ED prescription in case my husband needed it, which my husband said was just an attempt to find out if he has difficulties in that department. She asks me to buy her things at the XXX shop so she doesn't have to go in there (why not order from Amazon like the rest of the world?) She overshares about things, like telling me that my dad, who has Alzheimer's, would take the ED medication and in the 30 minutes it takes to work, would forget what he wanted to do and decide it was time to go somewhere. She gives my dad wet, sloppy French kisses everywhere, which is kind of funny because he doesn't understand anymore and tries to kiss my dog the same way.

I think my mom would be happy if I discussed any possible sex issues with her, but I wouldn't do it. One time I had enough of a problem to talk to my gynecologist about it and she was a good listener and made several suggestions.

I'm more likely to look for answers to my issues online than to really ask someone.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:32 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,368,270 times
Nope, that department stays closed. I don't wanna hear about theirs so I don't share mine. Even my sister and I rarely talk about sexual issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships