Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:53 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,117,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, c'mon! Admit it; you said that to get a reaction! LOL.

Some babies are butt ugly? Yes, some babies are "cuter" than others, but I don't think I've ever seen a butt ugly baby. Butt ugly men, perhaps, but not butt ugly babies.
NSFW: Not Safe For Work

Do not view this in a cubicle. If you are easily offended, do not view it anywhere. If you don't mind dirty comedians that offend some people, you may laugh pretty hard. Also, quite a bit of swearing.

Stephen Lynch- Ugly Baby song - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,246,149 times
I must admit, my 2nd was ugly when he was born. My first was stunningly gorgeous to the point of people stopping me on the street telling me, so then I couldn't help but laugh when he popped out of the womb!!!

Fortunately he grew into his beautiful looks but man, that poor little guy wasn't an attractive wee one.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM

452 posts, read 711,695 times
I'm great with kids until they squeal or get sticky (which usually come together). When that squealy, sticky kid is here in our home, however, I seem to change completely and just love everything about them.

I never had children, never really wanted them, but a fluke placed a baby here (one of my clients was a drug dealer, his wife had a baby, he went to jail, wife left baby with me and disappeared for 3 years) and I got DCF involved (hey, I had someone else's kid...they have needs and I can't just say, oh, she's not mine, someone left her on my doorstep) and over the years, they placed another 13 children with us.

Funny how they annoy me so until they're "mine"! I used to think it was because I knew I wouldn't have them forever, but once they're placed, I mourn..the feelings fluctuate depending on the child's circumstances. (some have it much worse than others)

Old 02-25-2014, 09:45 AM

15 posts, read 19,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's not that I hate kids or anything, but I just always feel really nervous around them. I'm afraid I am going to bump into them and their yelling and energy makes me nervous, also the way people are so overprotective of them adds to that nervous feeling. I also don't find most children particularly cute, I find being around them tiring. I find people gaga-ing endlessly about stupid stuff kids do very annoying, a lot of the time the kid isn't even that cute.

I love the kids in my family like my little siblings but even with them I get sort of annoyed with how many questions they ask and how they are always wanting to show me stuff and I have to pretend to find it interesting. I never quite bonded with them the way my brother and sister did, they are my stepdad and mom's kids and I've always felt really badly about this. I guess I felt like my mom kind of abandoned me emotionally after my stepdad and them came into my life

I am pretty patient about dealing with children but inside sometimes I wanna scream. Am I just mean or is this a pretty normal way to feel? I mean I'm sure I'd like my OWN kids if I ever have any

I guess I am more of a cat person
I am not a kid fan. I have nieces who I love, but they are related. Im not going to be mean to a child but Im not going to go out of my way to talk to them. I do not babysit for anyone at all, in fact no one has ever asked me because they know I will say no. I never have been a real maternal person and I never daydreamed about the kids I was going to have. Don't want them. I like my life the way it is. People may perceive this as being cold or mean. I really am a nice person. I like kids when I can give them back when Im done. I just prefer not to be around them.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:15 AM

18,512 posts, read 31,756,689 times
I hate all kids in a restaurant when i want to have a nice quiet meal. I hate even the sound of a child talking while i am eating in a restaurant. I go to better restaurants to avoid this, most times it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,644,117 times
Enjoyed my own children and on occasion, a friend's child/ren, but typically, I find it draining to be around children. Love taking care of babies through about 3 years old, though. They are discovering the world and I enjoy sharing some magic and mystery of the universe with them - listening to music, singing, playing instruments, visual stimulation, reading to them, teaching them new words, etc.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM

390 posts, read 826,149 times
I'm definitely not a baby person, myself. All babies do is poop, cry, and prevent you from sleeping. I LOVE toddlers, and kids though. Kids give me an excuse to get out of the house and enjoy the great outdoors. Everything is magical to them. I wish life was still as magical to me as it is to them, so I live vicariously through them! I only have nieces and nephews so far, but looking forward to kids of my own, hopefully soon.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:33 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,750,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
OPK (other people's kids) are not the same to me as my own were. I like kids, but am not crazy about being around them sometimes, especially if they are loud and misbehaved. Hate to say it, but I kinda like animals better. I know that sounds horrible, but it is true.

Don
Animals over kids anyday.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:34 PM

8 posts, read 8,056 times
i dont like kids so i dont like being around them.
they are annoying, smelly and to lard

Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,750,792 times
There are few things in life that are as difficult to fathom for a non-parent like myself than the way some parents fawn over their precious little off-spring.

It's truely one of life's great mysteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships