Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I thank God every day, I'm too fracking old for facebook.

OP,

May be they are just not in the mood to respond back or you aren't as important to them as you think.
Me too !!!!!! Pick up the phone and call your friends instead of punching cryptic messages into that little device in your hand. We are breeding a whole generation of bent over people who are constantly staring into that little box. Everywhere I go I see people who are oblivious to everything around them. Just last week I saw a table of 4 people at a restaurant and instead of interacting with each other every one of them was ignoring the others and texting someone else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are losing our ability to speak to each other, pretty soon we will not need voice boxes, just fingers to type messages on a screen. Email is just as bad, pick up the phone and actually speak to a human being on the other end..........it has worked for years and is very effective.

End of rant.

Don

Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 AM

373 posts, read 644,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
FYI, as of about 20 mins. ago, FB was down anyway, so one couldn't log in.
Correction: it's back up now, but still, outages do happen at any site.

I sign out of FB every time I leave there,
so if someone wants to get ahold of me they should email, not FB msg.
Some folks live on FB, and are on it all the time-
but some folks are not & do not, occasional (in contrast to constant) FB users do exist.
He has been on and posted multiple posts on other friends walls, so I can see he is most definitely active on Facebook.

I do not have his phone number, email address or home address. As of this morning, still no response. Oh well, I extended the olive branch.

Out of curiosity, I went through messages I sent in the past 2 years. Only 75% of them got responses. The most recent before this time, was February. What do these people do for a living that they can't take 20 seconds from their busy day and respond to a message, at some point in the last 4 months?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I thank God every day, I'm too fracking old for facebook.

OP,

May be they are just not in the mood to respond back or you aren't as important to them as you think.
I am ok with not being important, but at least respond, "doing well, thanks for asking". Is it really that difficult to acknowledge someone?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Me too !!!!!! Pick up the phone and call your friends instead of punching cryptic messages into that little device in your hand. We are breeding a whole generation of bent over people who are constantly staring into that little box. Everywhere I go I see people who are oblivious to everything around them. Just last week I saw a table of 4 people at a restaurant and instead of interacting with each other every one of them was ignoring the others and texting someone else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are losing our ability to speak to each other, pretty soon we will not need voice boxes, just fingers to type messages on a screen. Email is just as bad, pick up the phone and actually speak to a human being on the other end..........it has worked for years and is very effective.

End of rant.

Don
I do not have his phone number. Nor his email or house address.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,569,018 times
I've decided that FB is still like those high school cliques! Just get rid of the people who never show an interest in what you are posting. I've done that.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:24 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,806,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
I do not have his phone number. Nor his email or house address.
Then are you really friends?
By the way -At a minimum an instant message could ask for this information.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 AM

513 posts, read 737,884 times
Default I had a similar experience recently in a restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

End of rant.

Don
... and I was really upset about it. When I shared this restaurant experience with my much younger co-workers, they gave me blank stares as if to say, Why does that bother you? One said, "Hmmm--were they talking too loud? What's the problem, just ask to move." Didn't "get me" at all.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,836,261 times
People like that don't last long on my friend list. There's a big difference between someone who never answers messages because they're never online, and those who are on all day long and can't be bothered to respond to a message. There's no clearer message than that.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,976 times
The worst feature Facebook ever added was showing what time someone reads your message. Stalk much? Sometimes I don't reply for days to someone's message. I've had people even on CD get mad at me for "ignoring" their direct messages. Sometimes I want to wait until I have more time to write, or I need some time to think about what I want to say. This person could still get back to you, and if not, is it really that big of a deal? Sure, the polite thing to do would be for him to respond, but for whatever reason he chose not to and there's no point getting upset over it. I deleted my Facebook a few weeks ago. It's not worth the drama. True friends get in touch with me over the phone and e-mail.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,995,507 times
OP sounds like a needy stalker.

Maybe he was reading it on his phone and hasn't had a chance to respond... he could have been driving or gasp... working. People have lives outside of FB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.