Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM

3,565 posts, read 8,038,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. Kencade View Post
Yeah, I do have to agree. Natural beauties.
Yeah, and anything artificial out of a desire to achieve some sort of perfection is actually unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,730,629 times
Hold up a minute - what age range are we talking about here?

When "everyone" is at their physical peak - say in their twenties - looks are more important. Ironically, this also coincides with a time in peoples' lives in which they also usually don't have a lot of real accomplishments career wise, and at a time in which they are not at their mature best.

I've found that as people mature, looks become a lot less important - especially to women. The more mature women become, the more they are attracted to personality, character, career success, stability, financial security, etc. rather than looks.

When I got divorced and started dating again in my early forties, looks were WAY down my list of preferences when it came to partners. I mean WAY down. I wanted someone who was healthy and took care of themselves and made the most of the looks they had - but that was it. Actual physical beauty meant, well, just about nothing to me. I dated a wide variety of men with a wide variety of looks - many of whom weren't particularly good looking. So what? I liked other things about them.

You don't want a mate who screens people out based on their looks. Looks ALWAYS fade. Character often improves over time.

Of course, if you're one of those people who screens average looking women out based solely on their looks, well then, all I can say is that karma's a real *****.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,519,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I have to work really hard to get a date mainly because, I'm not a good looking guy. I'm not the guy women enjoy being seen with. I'm just average looking.

I'm the guy women call "nice", and that's as far as it goes. I'm not they guy women desire. It's tough on my mental well being.

Anyone else feel the same?
Start hanging around homely ( not so good )
a looking women and they will find you ! ! !

Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,610,390 times
Quote:
I have to work really hard to get a date mainly because, I'm not a good looking guy. I'm not the guy women enjoy being seen with. I'm just average looking.

I'm the guy women call "nice", and that's as far as it goes. I'm not they guy women desire. It's tough on my mental well being.

Let's see if I can put it nicer.
I'd focus more on being they typye of guy they was to spend time with...not worry about if they want to be SEEN with you.
Example..true story...the office I worked in years ago had a courrier. NOT physically attractive really..most of the women agreed.
He would stop and chat each day and was always so nice and funny. You know what? Each day, he got more attractive...because of his personality. Sadly I was already married...but by the end of a three month period, he had probably 95% of the women in my office eating out of his hand.
He wasn't rich or powerful. He ended up marrying the sweetest girl. AND he ended up with a great job.
We're all very happy for him.

Sometimes it's not your looks that make you attactive...it's your personality.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,655,059 times
Quote:

No, I think I'm very average looking even more with a broken nose but I don't let that stop me, sure I'm not Brad Pitt but then again not all women are looking for Brad. I've learned that most women want a man who treats them well & makes them feel loved. I TRULY believe that the woman I am dating is WAY out of my leauge but is loves me because I treat her like she wants to be treated. Stop worring about what you look like & learn to like yourself & you'll do just fine.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM

270 posts, read 706,320 times
Quote:
Then you need to find a not-good-looking girl to go out on a date. "Good looking" is a relativity term. Problem solved

Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,523,535 times
So far as what the older man who dates a much younger woman might say is how great he feels to walk into a club with such a woman on his arm makes him feel so much younger and he loves that feeling. Older guys who date much younger women, might be surprised to hear what their date has to say about them in the ladie's room to other women.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,125,866 times
Quote:

I'm not an average looking guy, I'm below average and I'm just fine with that.

Are you going for the wrong type of woman?

Do you look sloppy? Does it look like you take care of yourself (hygiene, weight, etc...)?

Are you confident without being arrogant?

Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM

141 posts, read 236,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I'm not an average looking guy, I'm below average and I'm just fine with that.

Are you going for the wrong type of woman?

Do you look sloppy? Does it look like you take care of yourself (hygiene, weight, etc...)?

Are you confident without being arrogant?

see profile pic.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM

11,318 posts, read 9,957,285 times
Perhaps Johnny, you could try dating women your age. That 10-15 year gap is probably the problem. While you see them as "vibrant" they may just see you as "older". It's just as hard for older women to find mates as it is for "average" looking men. You see where I am going? Not all women your own age lack "vibrancy". You just rule them out based on your pre-conceived ideas about them.

As an average looking woman, I was always amazed by how all the 40 year old guys on dating sites wanted to meet women 15 years younger, and preferably hot. As a 35 year old, I was too old, or too average looking. I was frustrated because I was intelligent, well-employed, well-respected in my career, a financially stable homeowner, adventurous, child-free, non-clingy, and fun-loving, but they never found that out because I didn't meet their Barbie dreams.

Expand your horizons and give folks a chance. You think you are being judged on your looks, but are you the one doing the judging based on age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships