Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:08 PM

27 posts, read 126,076 times

Advertisements

Looking for feedback......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Go for the 08 and save yourself some $$$$. No significant differences for 09.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM

253 posts, read 1,181,591 times
I purchased an '09 in September, there is a thread where I had asked for advice on that vs. the Accord that may be helpful.

From a driving perspective it is very smooth and fairly quite compared to my previous cars. Very comfortable though the headrest bending forward can be sort of annoying. Feels quite sporty to me while driving though I'm definitely no expert.

Mine has all of the packages/options available on the car. The navigation is nice and I like the rearview camera, but those are both definitely nice to haves. Another nice to have that I love is the heated leather seats.

The biggest flaw I see in the car is there is a blind spot when you look to change lanes to the left. If I'd noticed this before I bought the car I probably wouldn't have gotten it. (I know I should have checked for that - was in an accident and in a rush to get something before insurance stopped paying for my rental - stupid of me in hindsight!). The other annoying thing is the trunk is small compared to the Accord coupe.

I definitely agree with getting the 08 vs. the 09 for cost savings. In my area they've also had 0% financing offers if you're looking to go that route.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM

311 posts, read 915,491 times
Honestly, save yourself the trouble and skip on Nissan ALL TOGETHER. My husband and I leased an 08 altima (4 door) this past February.. it has broken down 8 times, the tire wall collapsed on the highway, and the brakes are already going. All mechanics we've spoken with said this is obsurd. If you just google Nissan Altima problems or something like that, you will find that my husband and I are not alone AT ALL. There are tons of people with these same crappy models. I heard one guys sunroof exploded.. great! It was the worst decision we have ever made and I wish I could have my honda accord back.. 4 years, absolutely ZERO problems. This is ridiculous and we are very upset. Customer Service won't be good to you either if you come in contact with these problems..

Old 11-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
Honestly, save yourself the trouble and skip on Nissan ALL TOGETHER. My husband and I leased an 08 altima (4 door) this past February.. it has broken down 8 times, the tire wall collapsed on the highway, and the brakes are already going. All mechanics we've spoken with said this is obsurd. If you just google Nissan Altima problems or something like that, you will find that my husband and I are not alone AT ALL. There are tons of people with these same crappy models. I heard one guys sunroof exploded.. great! It was the worst decision we have ever made and I wish I could have my honda accord back.. 4 years, absolutely ZERO problems. This is ridiculous and we are very upset. Customer Service won't be good to you either if you come in contact with these problems..
If you Google ANY car, you will find a zillion complaints as well. There are always lemons in the bunch no matter what you buy. Also, you cannot blame a tire failure on the auto manufacturer.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:13 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,400 times
Yet my 05 Altima has had zero problems...

Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
My 2003 Z just developed it's first major problem - a bad alternator.

Oh noes. Whatever shall I do?

Nissan makes a great car. But nobody will ever post on the internet about how awesome their car is. Only if it sucks do they proclaim it long and loud. All automakers will have a bad car now and then.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
My 2003 Z just developed it's first major problem - a bad alternator.

Oh noes. Whatever shall I do?

Nissan makes a great car. But nobody will ever post on the internet about how awesome their car is. Only if it sucks do they proclaim it long and loud. All automakers will have a bad car now and then.
Precisely.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,157 times
I would say go with the 2008. You could probably get a better deal. Don't pay much attention to that lady who has had problems with her Altima. Nissans are great cars. Every automaker has lemons. Perhaps I should talk about those V-6 Toyota Camry's that are no longer recommeneded by Consumer Reports because of reliability issues.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:07 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
I smell a lemon. I know plenty of people that have Altimas that have had no problems with them. Like someone else said, no one goes on the internet to talk about how great their car is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti