Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:44 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,435,192 times

Advertisements

Surprised they didn't charge you for blinker fluid or muffler bearings too.

Wow! I would take it to another reputable garage and get them to give you a second opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,422,586 times
Yeh, I think that's what I will do. Thank you all for your help.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,909,092 times
Reason why I only lease new vehicles every 3 years for $350/month. I don't need to waste $ into maintenance/repairs.

Anyways, you need to take it to someone else like everyone has stated. If it's really that bad, trade it in for what you paid for and get a new car.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 AM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,343,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
Hello all,
- high side power steering hose $490
- may need power steering pump ( they said they won't know till I replace the power steering hose) $1100
- replace both lower control arms due to broken bushings $960
- recommend replacing leaking engine oil cooler $370
- recommend resealing leaking transfer case $1700
- recommend replacing damage transmission air damn $240
Go to another mechanic. If the power steering pump is not making any noise and the car is turning fine there is nothing wrong with the pump. The oil cooler leak is a common issue and can be fixed with a $4 gasket and only takes a few minutes to replace. The air dam is $60 (plus shipping) for an OEM part and I can't see it taking and more than 20 minutes or so to replace. A lot of these issues are common and I have found nissanmurano.org to be very helpful.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 AM

886 posts, read 5,720,467 times
Take it to an independent shop. Dealers are known for un-necessary repairs.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,693,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Reason why I only lease new vehicles every 3 years for $350/month. I don't need to waste $ into maintenance/repairs.
I don't know of anyone that has had to spend $4200 per year in maintenance and repairs.

I have a vehicle that has been paid off for four years, and all I've had to spend money on is oil changes, a battery, and tires. Using your logic I would have wasted $17k by now.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:04 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,430,151 times
Are you anywhere near Arlington? If so, take it to Japanese Auto Clinic on Lee Highway as it is an excellent independent Japanese shop with a great reputation. Moreover, they are reasonable, and will tell you if something needs to be fixed, versus a repair. They can help you sort out the vehicle.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,018,617 times
I second checking out nissanmurano.org for more owner experiences with common Murano repairs. The control arms and leaking transfer case are very common issues. I would start with repairing those two at an independent shop, should cost around $1000-1200. Everything else sounds like stuff that you can live with for a while longer. I own a 2011 Murano BTW.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post

Anyways, you need to take it to someone else like everyone has stated. If it's really that bad, trade it in for what you paid for and get a new car.
But if you lease vehicles, you will have car payments forever- It doesnt make sense for me to lease vehicles :-p I can write you an entire paper on why not ( I work in the Finance Industry ) and in 99.9% of cases, it doesnt make financial sense to lease a car .....

Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgt View Post
Go to another mechanic. If the power steering pump is not making any noise and the car is turning fine there is nothing wrong with the pump. The oil cooler leak is a common issue and can be fixed with a $4 gasket and only takes a few minutes to replace. The air dam is $60 (plus shipping) for an OEM part and I can't see it taking and more than 20 minutes or so to replace. A lot of these issues are common and I have found nissanmurano.org to be very helpful.

When I am making left turns, the steering wheel becomes very stiff, I have to keep buying PS oil and fill up the reservoir and in just 3 days the level goes low again and I have problems turning. I found someone who can do the work if I get the parts, do you know of a good website that I can order the parts from? Also when I researched them online, I found different names and didn’t know what parts to get, I don’t want to order the wrong parts but this is what the dealer put on the description:
- Replace high side power steering hose
- Replace both lower control arms due to broken bushings

I want to start with these 2 first before tackling the other repairs. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti