Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 12:29 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times

Advertisements

This festival takes place this weekend: Peterboro Emancipation Day slated for Aug. 6-7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 02:27 PM

High schools with Black grad rates over the latest available national percentage(81% in 2013, an all time high). The information will from the NYSED Report Cards from 2014-2015.

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000055375

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000055328

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000059776

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000054739

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000053859

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000053092

https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000052982

Will add more later.....

Old 08-13-2016, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,254 times
Default Possibly moving

Hello, I was hoping someone may be able to answer a question of mine. My Grandfather has land in Chautauqua Lake that he wants to gift to my children and I. I am Caucasian and my children are Caucasian, African American, and Native American. I'm wondering about how accepting the residents in Chautauqua Lake are of ethnicities other than white. Where we live now, in NC, there are many different ethnicities. I'm just looking to make the best possible decision for my babies.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Cleveland Hill Union Free SD, according to the source previously used in this thread, is the suburban school district with the highest Black percentage in Upstate NY at 21.8% Black(2010-2014 census). According to the same source, the Black median household income within the district is $58,594(10-14 info). Its black high school graduation rate was 73% in 2014 and 70% in 2015 versus the overall grad rate being 87% in 2014 and 81% in 2015. For the state the grad rate was 76% in 2014 and 78% in 2015.

It also has the highest Black student percentage of any suburban school district in Upstate NY at 31% of all students within the district's schools. 6% are identified as Multiracial.

Here is grad rate information for Cleveland Hill HS, which shows higher percentages overall and for Black students: https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000052314

So, the previous figures may include other students outside of the public high school for the district or other factors effecting the rate(those that move within the cohort, as an example). More Cleve Hill HS info: https://data.nysed.gov/profile.php?instid=800000052314

Old 08-13-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon85 View Post
Hello, I was hoping someone may be able to answer a question of mine. My Grandfather has land in Chautauqua Lake that he wants to gift to my children and I. I am Caucasian and my children are Caucasian, African American, and Native American. I'm wondering about how accepting the residents in Chautauqua Lake are of ethnicities other than white. Where we live now, in NC, there are many different ethnicities. I'm just looking to make the best possible decision for my babies.
Thank you so much!
Jamestown, which at the eastern end of the lake has visible Black/African American and Hispanic(mainly Puerto Rican) communities. Same for Dunkirk, which is actually on Lake Erie. Both are in Chautauqua County. There are also Native American reservation in the county near Silver Creek.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 AM

Here's an article about Emancipation Day in Peterboro: Bells of freedom continue to chime in Peterboro

Old 08-20-2016, 07:28 AM

Another sports reference: CBA football's Noah Jordan-Williams relieved to have made college decision - Syracuse.com (Christian Brothers Academy is a Catholic HS just east of Syracuse in DeWitt)

2017 ATH Eric Coley commits to Syracuse football; son of SU assistant Vinson Reynolds | syracuse.com (Fayetteville-Manlius is an Eastern suburb of Syracuse that is one of the most affluent SD's in Upstate NY)

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-20-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 08-20-2016, 05:37 PM

Another sports reference: Will Smith's nephew to honor his late uncle this season (Notre Dame Jr/Sr High is a Catholic school in Utica)

Old 08-22-2016, 08:56 AM

More info: Henninger alumnus, now Liverpool admin, tapped to lead city high schools | syracuse.com

Minority Reporter Paying it Forward: RCSD Graduate Plans to Help Other City Students to Succeed - Minority Reporter

Minority Reporter RHA Appoints John Hill as New Executive Director - Minority Reporter

Minority Reporter RIT Welcomes New Class of Rochester City Scholars - Minority Reporter
https://www.rit.edu/~w-mcas/rc_scholars.php

Sports references: CBA's Stevie Scott III adds muscle, will play both ways for Brothers football - Syracuse.com

Troy Looking to Make Splash in Class AA

Jones Ready to Lead CBA After College Decision (Albany's Christian Brothers Academy is in Colonie)

Green Tech Star Athletes Make Their College Commitments (Green Tech is an Albany city charter high school)

Watervliet Hungry for Postseason Run (Watervliet is a small city north of Albany and across the Hudson River/west of Troy)

New Coach, Same Mentality for Westhill Warriors (Westhill is a Western suburban school district outside of Syracuse)

Jamesville-DeWitt football gets infusion of athletes from basketball, lacrosse teams - Syracuse.com (Jamesville-DeWitt is an Eastern suburban SD outside of Syracuse)

Amsterdam Looking to Defend Class A Title (Amsterdam is a small city in Montgomery County that also has a pretty high Hispanic/Puerto Rican percentage)

Five things we learned about Class A at Section III Football Media Day - Syracuse.com (East Syracuse-Minoa is an Eastern suburb of Syracuse, Fowler is a Syracuse city HS on its West Side, indian River serves 2/3rds of Fort Drum military base and the communities just to the west/NW and Carthage serves a third of Fort Drum as well as the villages of Carthage/West Carthage and just east/SE of the Army base)

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-22-2016 at 09:14 AM..

Old 08-22-2016, 06:34 PM

Another sport reference: Quentin Gause staying focused while blocking out the noise | WHAM (Bishop Kearney is a coed Catholic Jr/Sr High in Irondequoit and Gates-Chili is a Western suburban SD outside of Rochester)

Article about Johnson: Gates Chili grad Bruce Johnson awaits NFL Draft fate

Another sports reference: Cardinal O'Hara basketball star Anndea Zeigler gives Canisius College verbal commitment - Prep Talk (Cardinal O'Hara is a small coed Catholic HS in the town of Tonawanda)

High school football practice: Bennett, Cheektowaga | Photo Galleries | Buffalonews.com (Bennett is a Buffalo City HS and Cheektowaga is a suburban HS east of Buffalo)

Bennett's head coach: Bennett coach Steve McDuffie discusses the upcoming season.

More: FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Millennials Take Action In Oneonta

FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Fox 40 Goes to Camp: Spartans moving past semis loss (Maine-Endwell is a suburban SD in the Binghamton area)

FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Fox 40 Goes to Camp: Tigers looking to rebound from down year (Union-Endicott is a SD west of Binghamton)

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-22-2016 at 08:03 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Another sport reference: Quentin Gause staying focused while blocking out the noise | WHAM (Bishop Kearney is a coed Catholic Jr/Sr High in Irondequoit and Gates-Chili is a Western suburban SD outside of Rochester)

Article about Johnson: Gates Chili grad Bruce Johnson awaits NFL Draft fate

Another sports reference: Cardinal O'Hara basketball star Anndea Zeigler gives Canisius College verbal commitment - Prep Talk (Cardinal O'Hara is a small coed Catholic HS in the town of Tonawanda)

High school football practice: Bennett, Cheektowaga | Photo Galleries | Buffalonews.com (Bennett is a Buffalo City HS and Cheektowaga is a suburban HS east of Buffalo)

Bennett's head coach: Bennett coach Steve McDuffie discusses the upcoming season.

More: FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Millennials Take Action In Oneonta

FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Fox 40 Goes to Camp: Spartans moving past semis loss (Maine-Endwell is a suburban SD in the Binghamton area)

FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Fox 40 Goes to Camp: Tigers looking to rebound from down year (Union-Endicott is a SD west of Binghamton)
FOX 40 WICZ TV - News, Sports, Weather, Contests & More - Fox 40 Goes to Camp: Patriots focusing on defense (Binghamton High)

Video | Central NY - Utica, Rome | CNYHomepage (Utica Notre Dame is a Catholic HS in Utica)

A Force to be Reckoned With- Proctor HS Football - Story (Proctor is the only HS in the Utica City SD) Last year's team photo: http://uticaphoenix.net/wp-content/u...otball-Pic.jpg

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-22-2016 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York