Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 PM

7 posts, read 6,029 times

Advertisements

The town of Italy is between Keuka and Canandaigua Lakes. I am pretty sure they voted to not allow the wind turbines. Another controversy is the oil and gas leases that many residents signed a while back. This controversy revolves around the concept of hydrofracking which I believe has negative environmental impact. I know of a house on 23 acres in the town of Italy (Yates County) that is being marketed for sale by owner. A good find as long as there isn't an oil and gas lease signed by current owners. Or as long as any lease doesn't need to be continued by a new owner. If anyone is interested in a house in the finger lakes, please ask about land leases before you make an offer to buy and read the fine print or have your attorney read it so that you don't get stuck having a gas drill/well only 200 feet from your house. Think groundwater contamination as most of these homes are on wells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York