Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was just wondering if Glens Falls is a nice area to live for a young, single gay guy with a career in accounting. Based on checking it out on Google Street view, the area seems drop dead beautiful, with a beautiful city core and architecture. I have never visited the area, but I used to go to Lake George a lot as a kid and loved it. Such a beautiful area.

Thoughts on Glens Falls, anyone? Is it nice and clean or is it ghetto? Job market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 PM

255 posts, read 488,153 times
Yeah Glens Falls is very nice. It's got hip little shops, restaurants and bars. Also has some great "downtown" apartments for young professionals.

Glens Falls isn't as nice as Saratoga though, which I would also recommend. If you can afford it, Saratoga is one of the nicest areas in New York. Great bars, shops and world-class restaurants. It's got the horse track, museums, art galleries, nice golf courses.

Basically you can't really go wrong with either area though in my opinion.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock41 View Post
Yeah Glens Falls is very nice. It's got hip little shops, restaurants and bars. Also has some great "downtown" apartments for young professionals.

Glens Falls isn't as nice as Saratoga though, which I would also recommend. If you can afford it, Saratoga is one of the nicest areas in New York. Great bars, shops and world-class restaurants. It's got the horse track, museums, art galleries, nice golf courses.

Basically you can't really go wrong with either area though in my opinion.
Thanks. I may check the area out next month!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Thanks. I may check the area out next month!

If you do check out the area I'd recommend checking out Davidson Brothers Brewing Company and the area around the main circle within the town.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock41 View Post
If you do check out the area I'd recommend checking out Davidson Brothers Brewing Company and the area around the main circle within the town.
Definitely. I was looking at the downtown/circle area on Google Street View and it looks incredibly nice. Only problem is that I probably can't live there, because there are no corporate tax accounting jobs in the area.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Definitely. I was looking at the downtown/circle area on Google Street View and it looks incredibly nice. Only problem is that I probably can't live there, because there are no corporate tax accounting jobs in the area.
What about this opening? https://jobs-crbard.icims.com/jobs/6...isn=Indeed.com

Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Lol I'm not qualified for that job. My career is only at staff level and I have no manufacturing experience or knowledge of ERP systems. Plus, my background is entirely in tax accounting, not general accounting. But I appreciate your help!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM

You can also look at the surrounding area of Albany. I would imagine a city like albany would have a few positions available.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 PM

142 posts, read 294,206 times
Quote:
If you want to find a job in your field you're better off getting closer to Albany. Clifton Park is a nice town that's close to Albany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York