Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM

5 posts, read 24,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Nothing wrong with living with diversity but I want to live around ppl with the same values and hard working attitude as me. If you love diversity so much, why won;t you move to Spring Valley? Like I said, Ramapo SD covers those areas you listed that have huge Hasidic populations (2nd after Kiryas Joel). The problem is that community specifically burdens the rest of the town to foot the bill for the financial breaks they get. They also vote in a huge block that prevents any reform or progress on a variety of issues that their community may see as unfavorable. That is why the Town of Ramapo is suffering. Check out the selling and sale prices of these areas for the past 3 years. Sorry I am not going to sugar coat anything, when the OP is making a big decision. I wish someone gave me this advice when I was looking. This is the type of information that a Realtor would never give to a buyer. I went thru 7 RE agents. The problem is not the buyer, its the agent and the basis of this profession. Its a another reason in a long list of reasons of why the housing market crashed. As for SD's, look at each the ratio of Teachers to students, you will be surprised. As I said before, the ability to succeed is not just the school's responsibility but the child's and parent's. There is also the issue of schools fudging stat's in order to prop up the local real estate market. Also, the the previous post if you read properly was a post from someone else. I don't hold the same beliefs but it is an issue for many homebuyers. Also, my main issue was the quality of the housing stock. Remember, a house is an investment regardless of what others may preach. School Districts scores can change anytime. East Ramapo SD used to the one of the best in Rockland County, till they flooded the area with Haitian refugees. It will take time to get back to that position. For me, if SD's were the only criteria then it would be Orange and Clarkstown. Everything else is somewhat on the same league if you go back 20 yrs not 1-2 yrs. There are tutors and services to help kids and supplement their education.
No difference if you write it or paste it, you are the one who post it. The contents of that post sickens me. I am done with this thread, I find it VERY offensive. As a Realtor I abide by the Code Of Ethnics, that is the basis of my profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,550,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meralda View Post
No difference if you write it or paste it, you are the one who post it. The contents of that post sickens me. I am done with this thread, I find it VERY offensive. As a Realtor I abide by the Code Of Ethnics, that is the basis of my profession.

Whatever take a hike.....ethics my ass. If you think write and pasting are the same, then your interpretation of school districts is inaccurate if you cant see the difference.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:41 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,880,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meralda View Post
No difference if you write it or paste it, you are the one who post it. The contents of that post sickens me. I am done with this thread, I find it VERY offensive.
Offensive to you, perhaps, but it's also true. At least the part about the Hasidics. Family friends in Nanuet keep a leery eye on them lest the ones in Nanuet start acting like they do in Ramapo or Monroe.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM

40 posts, read 161,378 times
thanks for most of the responses! very informative..it seems like I have a lot more homework to do. I myself am asian. I would like to live in a diverse community and not feel unwelcome in any city or town. School districts are something we definitely have to look at since we are planning on having kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York