Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,080 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Clark Mills, N.Y. back in the early sixties. I believe we lived on White Street, the manse was adjacent to the church. Next door on the other side lived the Scott family (I believe) and directly across the street was the entrance to the schoolyard. At the back of the back yard the ground fell away and there was a creek at the bottom that might have been an offshoot of the river. It seemed very foreboding to a four year old. My father was the minister at this church- I believe it was called St. Marks Episcopal- for a short time. I recall my mother mentioning the Coats & Clark factory and going to the soda fountain shop that was on the corner by what I will call the village green. I am interested in any information of how the town developed (or didn't) and more importantly if there are any photos of the town past or present. If the town has gone down that far, please let me down very gently. I add this because I know that things change, not always for the better. [To the lady who hated Utica (Yes, I know the posting was some time ago), Utica was, as I recall, a working class town known for its beer. That posting saddened me greatly. To the north, Rome, N.Y. was known as the home of Revere Ware. Now that most manufacturing is no longer done in the U.S., I am again saddened] I will keep my expectations of returns to this posting low, but to all who respond I thank you for your time and information. Lem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,633 times
I lived in Clark Mills from my birth (1940) until I went into the Service in 1959. I graduated from Clinton Central High School. I have many very fine memories of growing up there. I cannot believe I have not stayed in touch with all my friends I grew up with. One in particular is Glen Petrie, I often wonder what happened to him. His dad owned the garage near the Catholic church. Jim Warren, Glen,
Jerome Quinn, Bob Randall and I were close friends. I have moved to Florida in the Winters and New Hampshire in the Summers, I found Jerome and his gracious wife Clara in Florida they lived two miles from me. Jerome passed away two years ago, it was a sad time, we became very close again. Of course Bob Randall passed away years ago. If anyone knows how to get a hold of Glen Petrie please post it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York