Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM

283 posts, read 522,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Should we tell caco that Bushwick was originally German, then Italian, long before it became Hispanic? Or that neighborhoods throughout the city are always changing?

Nah...this way, it'll be an adventure!
What does this have to do with anything? My head-shaking was specifically at this:

"but i'd rather live in a hispanic neiughbourhood than a black neighbourhood, but thats just me,"

and this

"black ghetto people intimidate me."

Bushwick being mostly German/Italian years ago has nothing to do with the dynamics of today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 06:38 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,563,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post
What does this have to do with anything? My head-shaking was specifically at this:

"but i'd rather live in a hispanic neiughbourhood than a black neighbourhood, but thats just me,"

and this

Bushwick being mostly German/Italian years ago has nothing to do with the dynamics of today.
Word, reading those quotes definitely irk a lil bit.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post

and this

What's so wrong with that? I deffinitely would rather live in my neighborhood of Sunset Park (very very hispanic) than in Bed Stuy, Flatbush, Crown Heights, Brownsville or East New York. It just so happens that my neighborhoods crime rate is lower than all of those. It also just so happens that those neighborhoods are predominately black.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
What's so wrong with that? I deffinitely would rather live in my neighborhood of Sunset Park (very very hispanic) than in Bed Stuy, Flatbush, Crown Heights, Brownsville or East New York. It just so happens that my neighborhoods crime rate is lower than all of those. It also just so happens that those neighborhoods are predominately black.
Big difference between what you're saying and what caco posted. You're being specific in what neighborhoods you wouldn't want to live in and it's not based on race, while caco just generally said "I'd rather live in a hispanic neighborhood than a black neighborhood" as if those are your only choices in NYC. Besides for me, personally, it was the "black ghetto people intimidate me" that irked. That was just ignorant.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:03 PM

674 posts, read 1,814,900 times
Well im hispanic so my prefrence is a hispanic neighborhood, my friend is black his prefrence is a black neighborhood so its human nature for someone to want to live in a community with people similar to themselves. For example if I was in Bed-Stuy and my buddy was in University Heights we would both feel out of our element being Bed Stuy is predominately black and University is predominately hispanic. As for the "black ghetto people intimidate me" comment People are ignorant of what they dont understand.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
Well im hispanic so my prefrence is a hispanic neighborhood, my friend is black his prefrence is a black neighborhood so its human nature for someone to want to live in a community with people similar to themselves. For example if I was in Bed-Stuy and my buddy was in University Heights we would both feel out of our element being Bed Stuy is predominately black and University is predominately hispanic. As for the "black ghetto people intimidate me" comment People are ignorant of what they dont understand.
The preference I definitely understand cause I'm the same way: either it's a black majority or a mixed neighborhood I would live in. I just found it kinda...interesting that he only compared hispanic and black neighborhoods. It just came out of nowhere in his post. Eh, no big deal: maybe it's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City