Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 PM

636 posts, read 1,916,074 times

Advertisements

Ok guys, I'd appreciate some help here. I need some current information on what you think is the best Midtown (or general area) steakhouse. I usually stay at the Roosevelt when UN is in session, and often go to Sparks, just for the nostalgia.

However, I'm headed to NYC this weekend to catch the last Yankee game ever to be played in Yankee Stadium on Sunday, and would like to know what you think is the best steakhouse in the area. I'm staying at the Algonquin, and would like something close, but that isn't mandatory. What do you think of Keene's?

Love you guys, and looking forward to getting up there Friday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 PM

824 posts, read 2,790,795 times
Keene's is good.

Smith & Wollensky's is good.

I haven't been to any of the others, I'd like to check out Spark's, and supposedly Benjamin's on 41st is good. Wolfgang's on Park Ave S, supposedly tries to duplicate the Peter Luger experience.
I like this website to see what's around:

Steakhouses*-* NYC Restaurants, NYC Menus, Ratings, Reviews, New York City (http://menupages.com/restaurants.asp?home=Y&cuisineid=61 - broken link)

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
The Palm is better than Keene's. Also consider Ben & Jerry's on East 44th.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 AM

Thanks and +1 to both of you! I've been to S&W, and it is good. I also intend to go to Peter Luger's this go around.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:13 AM

Ben & Jerry's is owned by former Peter Luger people. And don't forget CASH when you go to Luger: they don't take credit cards.

Sparks is REALLY, REALLY noisy.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Ben & Jerry's is owned by former Peter Luger people. And don't forget CASH when you go to Luger: they don't take credit cards.

Sparks is REALLY, REALLY noisy.
Viralmd: do you mean Ben and Jack's? And yes, I know about cash at PL; I probably won't be able to get in anyway - I haven't made reservations yet. I assume they're still at a 2 week wait.

Sparks is noisy, but not getting to spend as much time in NYC as I'd like, I always have to go there because of the whole Gotti/Castellano thing. Touristy, yes.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 AM

Yes, meant Ben & Jack...it's early, sorry.

Ben & Jerry, however is good for dessert!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM

69 posts, read 293,737 times
I think Wolfgang's is also a former Luger chef. Del Frisco's is pretty good as well. Sparks is high up on my list too. You should probably see where you can get a reservation first.

So jealous about the yankees game!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM

8 posts, read 37,642 times
Would recommend Del Frisco's or Wolfgang's over Sparks. Last time I was at Sparks I felt the steaks weren't quite what they used to be, the prices were higher, and the restaurant wearing a bit at the edges. JMO though.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad07 View Post
I think Wolfgang's is also a former Luger chef. Del Frisco's is pretty good as well. Sparks is high up on my list too. You should probably see where you can get a reservation first.

So jealous about the yankees game!
Thanks Mad07, Zinn. Going to have to check out Wolfgang's; lots of people have recommended it. Been to DelFrisco's as well and it's good.

Yankee game - indeed I'm thrilled about it. They're only going to have one last Yankee game there... so I had to do it. Paid Super Bowl prices for a couple of loge seats, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City