Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 10:56 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,802 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm a Sox fan who wants to see a game in the old Yankee Stadium before it closes. I already ordered my ticket online and have it in my hands for Monday Sept 15th 2008 vs the Chicago White Sox.

My seats are Box 538 Loge box sec 34 row D seat 5

Does anyone know how good those seats are? I got them for $60 face value. came out to around $70 after taxes, shipping etc.

Also does anyone know if there are any MOnday theater productions or do they usually take the day off on Monday?

Lastly, can I wear Red Sox Stuff in Yankee stadium and be safe, if its a neutral game --as long as I root for the Yankees at that game?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Jeff Dearman
Winchester, MA

P.S. also if coming from Coney Island what would be the best route to get to Yankee stadium on the Subway?
Express trains preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
Hi I'm a Sox fan who wants to see a game in the old Yankee Stadium before it closes. I already ordered my ticket online and have it in my hands for Monday Sept 15th 2008 vs the Chicago White Sox.

My seats are Box 538 Loge box sec 34 row D seat 5

Does anyone know how good those seats are? I got them for $60 face value. came out to around $70 after taxes, shipping etc.

Also does anyone know if there are any MOnday theater productions or do they usually take the day off on Monday?

Lastly, can I wear Red Sox Stuff in Yankee stadium and be safe, if its a neutral game --as long as I root for the Yankees at that game?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Jeff Dearman
Winchester, MA

P.S. also if coming from Coney Island what would be the best route to get to Yankee stadium on the Subway?
Express trains preferred.
That seat is in left field. It's not awful. In my opinion the loge is probably the best outfield seats other than the right field bleachers. You might get some Boston sucks chants and some booing but nothing malicious.

Getting to the game, if you're coming from Coney Island take the D train. Try to be on a D train before rush hour because on weekdays the D train usually doesn't stop at 161 Street, which means you have to change somewhere for the B.

Enjoy the game.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:36 PM

96 posts, read 307,390 times
Where did you get your tickets?
Be a fan and wear your colors!!!

Last edited by gotjenks; 08-03-2008 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: I wanted to add something

Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjenks View Post
Where did you get your tickets?
Read the second sentence in his/her post.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:02 PM

19 posts, read 47,236 times
If you wear your jersey make sure you take it with you when you leave. LOL

Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 PM

4 posts, read 15,861 times
Well, you are not at the bleachers, so wearing your BoSox gear is probably somewhat safe. However, there are two concerns that you should consider:

1: Those seats allow alcohol. If you are unlucky, you could have drunken Yankees fans throwing stuff and hurling insults at you because of your gear. I've seen it get bad that required police intervention.

2: Expect cuss words and insults when entering the stadium to your seat, while on the subway on the way to the game, and outside Yankee Stadium. If you are bringing family with you, especially young kids, perhaps it is more prudent to cheer for your team silently to avoid potential hassle.

Last edited by XStrike; 08-20-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: spell error

Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 PM

169 posts, read 703,110 times
Makes no sense to wear your colors, especially HATED colors. You are just looking for trouble....

Why not just go in neutral colors and cheer for whatever team you want to win (probably not the Yanks but that's fine)... but wearing colors you are basically showing up challenging the Yankee fans to represent their home turf....

You are there to see the stadium and enjoy your time, you aren't there to POSSIBLY cause a fight with fans and have your time ruined.

Take worst case scenario - someone dumps a beer on your head and you retaliate and get tossed out. Now your Yankee stadium experience is cut short and ruined. Is it really worth it?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,567 times

YouTube - Red Sox fan ventures though Yankee Stadium bleachers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mk3...eature=related

Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Search the posts for my adventure in the Yankee Stadium bleachers wearing my Orioles hat.

You may get heckled but if you laugh it off and take it in stride, no physical violence should befell you.

Probably...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:49 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
You are lucky you are not sitting in the bleacher section. I recall one teen girl wearing a Damon red sock jersey some years back and being the target of hundreds of horrible remarks. Now that was dumb of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City