Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2022, 08:13 PM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
It does seem like Covid cases have plateaued and decreased here in NYC. This “wave” wasn’t all that bad, I have to say. I think the media might’ve overhyped this one a tad. I do feel tht we have reached an endemic stage now as seems like new variants are now just causing a very minor uptick and nothing severe like it did in the past. So really good news! Though I’m really surprised that many people are still acting like they are still so scared of the virus. I think we can officially start gradually going back to normal now and letting go of the fear!
We haven't agreed in the past but I certainly agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 08:56 PM

3,504 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
We haven't agreed in the past but I certainly agree.
I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong and I admit, I was wrong here. And truth be told, I was always hoping I would be wrong. I was never proud to be over-paranoid about the pandemic. It's just that our "experts" have been wrong way too many times in the past, so anything they say gets taken with a grain of salt, in my book. So I believe in waiting it out and seeing how things go. And now that I have been waiting it out and things are looking positive, NOW I'm becoming optimistic about the pandemic coming to a close and becoming endemic. And that's good too because seriously, it's becoming way too hot to wear a mask now. Maybe it's time I phase the mask out of my life now...

Old 05-30-2022, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong and I admit, I was wrong here. And truth be told, I was always hoping I would be wrong. I was never proud to be over-paranoid about the pandemic. It's just that our "experts" have been wrong way too many times in the past, so anything they say gets taken with a grain of salt, in my book. So I believe in waiting it out and seeing how things go. And now that I have been waiting it out and things are looking positive, NOW I'm becoming optimistic about the pandemic coming to a close and becoming endemic. And that's good too because seriously, it's becoming way too hot to wear a mask now. Maybe it's time I phase the mask out of my life now...
Thanks.

I will admit that during the last week of February 2020 and the first week of March 2020 I was more than a bit unnerved. Let me explain. I belong to a synagogue in Scarsdale, about 1.2 miles as the crow flies from the "hot" synagogue where Patient Zero attended. I rode the Metro North New Haven Line, which he rode. I attended adult education at another synagogue about 0.2 miles from the "hot" synagogue, or maybe less. Add to it that it late February I had three days where I felt like dog excrement, and had a foul smell in my nose for about three or four weeks. No testing back then. I felt, "this is a bit too close." I began to get skeptical as soon as I saw panic "safety" measures, including locking outdoor tennis courts, and people being forced to wait outside stores, in line, spaced six feet apart. I just came to the conclusion you did a bit earlier, and I credit where I live (i.e. the world didn't end) rather than superior insight.

Welcome aboard!

Old 05-30-2022, 10:52 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Thanks.

I will admit that during the last week of February 2020 and the first week of March 2020 I was more than a bit unnerved. Let me explain. I belong to a synagogue in Scarsdale, about 1.2 miles as the crow flies from the "hot" synagogue where Patient Zero attended. I rode the Metro North New Haven Line, which he rode. I attended adult education at another synagogue about 0.2 miles from the "hot" synagogue, or maybe less. Add to it that it late February I had three days where I felt like dog excrement, and had a foul smell in my nose for about three or four weeks. No testing back then. I felt, "this is a bit too close." I began to get skeptical as soon as I saw panic "safety" measures, including locking outdoor tennis courts, and people being forced to wait outside stores, in line, spaced six feet apart. I just came to the conclusion you did a bit earlier, and I credit where I live (i.e. the world didn't end) rather than superior insight.

Welcome aboard!
Wow I forgot all about the locked tennis courts/basketball courts/parks etc

Old 05-31-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Wow I forgot all about the locked tennis courts/basketball courts/parks etc
Unforgettable, the stupidity. I know.

Old 05-31-2022, 07:45 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,827,061 times
Question: "How much longer will NYC’s obsession with COVID last?"

Answer: For the rest of your life

Old 05-31-2022, 08:07 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
covid is never going to end, it is here forever, life will never be the same, they don't want it to be.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:34 PM

I actually stopped wearing a mask yesterday not because I decided to become anti-mask, but because it was too damn hot and whenever I put on a mask, I perspired profusely and my mask was becoming all wet and gross. Now I feel like I'm coming down with something. My throat has been bothering me all day. Let's hope it's just allergies and nothing more, but very doubtful about that since allergies normally come and go and don't bother me all day. Why did I have to stop wearing a mask? I'm such an idiot!

Old 05-31-2022, 06:23 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,227,220 times
Quote:
I actually stopped wearing a mask yesterday (

Old 05-31-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Clearly it was a mistake. My throat feels raw right now. I’m pretty sure I caught something. I took the at home test and it’s showing negative but I have a feeling it’s a false negative so I’ll retake in a couple of days. Clearly masks work or I would consider this a very very odd coincidence that I just happen to catch something the minute I stopped wearing a mask.

Live and learn. I will go back to wearing masks indoors no matter how hot this summer gets. Completely foolish of me to let my guard down like this and let myself get sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City