Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2022, 11:56 AM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereamiF0 View Post
It's 2022 and BA.5 and BA.275 (from India) are both rising and most of us realize the numbers are underreported. It's getting high in NYS again. It may feel therapeutic to you and you're likely to get covid and pass it on an possibly kill others if you're not wearing a mask or taking precautions. We found a local vet who got a review from an infuriated female who wasn't allowed to go in without a mask. That's why we're going there. Kudos to the uninformed. It's NOT an obsession. While the CDC seems to have lightened their warnings due to political harassment, those of us who read the reports know it's not an obsession but an effort to stay living and avoid long-haulers. I watched a parent die from suffocating (a form of cancer cause it) and it is a god-awful way to go in other words - it's like watching someone die from covid/drowning and took hours of gasping. If you get covid or pass it on, it could happen to you or someone in your circle from you.

You may move on from what the reality is (covid thanks to authoritarians and murdoch media plastered with lies keep it going) and your parents hopefully will tell you to stay away from them. The mother of our niece told her to stay away last week because the 43 year old got covid again and was going to visit her. We mask when we go out and stay far away from unmasked, selfish-ignorant people. Gloves have proven not helpful but masks still work if you're wearing the right one.

Good luck. I hope you wake up.
2022 cases aren't 2020 cases

Tell me about hospitalizations and deaths anything else is just fear mongering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 12:04 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Quote:
It's 2022 and BA.5 and BA.275 (from India) are both rising and most of us realize the numbers are underreported. It's getting high in NYS again. It may feel therapeutic to you and you're likely to get covid and pass it on an possibly kill others if you're not wearing a mask or taking precautions. We found a local vet who got a review from an infuriated female who wasn't allowed to go in without a mask. That's why we're going there. Kudos to the uninformed. It's NOT an obsession. While the CDC seems to have lightened their warnings due to political harassment, those of us who read the reports know it's not an obsession but an effort to stay living and avoid long-haulers. I watched a parent die from suffocating (a form of cancer cause it) and it is a god-awful way to go in other words - it's like watching someone die from covid/drowning and took hours of gasping. If you get covid or pass it on, it could happen to you or someone in your circle from you.

You may move on from what the reality is (covid thanks to authoritarians and murdoch media plastered with lies keep it going) and your parents hopefully will tell you to stay away from them. The mother of our niece told her to stay away last week because the 43 year old got covid again and was going to visit her. We mask when we go out and stay far away from unmasked, selfish-ignorant people. Gloves have proven not helpful but masks still work if you're wearing the right one.

Please wear a mask till the end of days and live forever!

Old 07-24-2022, 12:10 PM

35,316 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:

I'm not sure I follow at all. The phrase "covid thanks to authoritarians and murdoch media plastered with lies keep it going" seems at tension with other parts of your post. Please explain.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 3,506,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymerlot View Post
I had it first on 12/21/21 or then about. That time it was just a bad headache and exhaustion for 4 or 5 days.
Hm makes sense. It is a good chance that was the Delta variant so explains why you caught omicron now

Cant say for sure, but omicron didnt get fully prominent until Jan-Feb 2022. Lots of delta was still around in December.

According to the latest stidy having had delta only protects you about 20% from getting BA5, but a previous omicron infection protects you from BA5 about 85%. Its in the video but cant re watch at the moment.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:20 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Please wear a mask till the end of days and live forever!
Serious question. Do you regret not wearing a mask now that you caught Covid?

I’m just curious because I’ve been going 100% maskless now and am wondering if I will regret it if I eventually get this thing. Though honestly, I’m a bit surprised that I haven’t caught it yet given my high level of exposure lately and the fact that cases are supposedly rising rapidly at the moment.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:57 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Serious question. Do you regret not wearing a mask now that you caught Covid?

I’m just curious because I’ve been going 100% maskless now and am wondering if I will regret it if I eventually get this thing. Though honestly, I’m a bit surprised that I haven’t caught it yet given my high level of exposure lately and the fact that cases are supposedly rising rapidly at the moment.
No I do not regret not wearing a mask on a train or subway or at work.
Life is for living, not hiding.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:48 AM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
If you’re that afraid of COVID why don’t you just correct your diet? COVID doesn’t kill people with normal A1Cs. Give up the breads (and anything made with white flour), the hydrogenated processed seed oils (those oils that fries are fried in or cookies baked in), and the fructose and anything made out of sugar and it is almost a guarantee that you won’t die from COVID.

The misinformation that the “Murdoch” media is spreading is that you must take vaccines and wear masks to get rid the purposely created NIH funded gain of function COVID virus that was designed as a biological weapon but failed in the sense that it only kills people with poor diets, steroid users, the overweight and/or those with metabolic syndrome.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:48 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
No I do not regret not wearing a mask on a train or subway or at work.
Life is for living, not hiding.
I agree with you on this. I have to say, it's so great not wearing a mask anymore. I forgot what freedom feels like!

I think more New Yorkers are starting to feel this way too. It almost feels like 90% of people are no longer wearing masks anymore. Everywhere I go now, it seems like almost everyone is maskless.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:08 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,687,422 times
Noone will bother you anymore in NYC if you aren't wearing a mask so I guess people need to come to this thread to complain about this obsession and how they are such rebels for not wearing one.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:34 AM

35,316 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Noone will bother you anymore in NYC if you aren't wearing a mask so I guess people need to come to this thread to complain about this obsession and how they are such rebels for not wearing one.
Not so fast. Cathy Hochul renewed mask mandates for mass transit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City