Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 09:02 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,165,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemusician View Post
Cypress Hills is a nice, family oriented neighborhood. I live near there and my aunt has a house in the same neighborhood.
I play tennis and bike ride in Highland Park ALL summer.

Really? - https://nypost.com/2022/03/03/womans...Metro%20Alerts
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 05:16 PM

17 posts, read 20,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Yes, really

Old 03-04-2022, 02:17 PM

21 posts, read 20,894 times
Quote:
Yes, really
This makes me terrified...

Old 03-04-2022, 02:24 PM

1,083 posts, read 561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
You can pick the most terrifying-sounding thing from each neighborhood and come up with something you'd be afraid could happen to you. I personally would rather hear about something like that which most likely was some sort of domestic thing, or trafficking thing or whatever - not a stranger killing like what just happened to the woman inside her apartment in Chinatown or the other woman in the subway in Times square

If someone gets killed by a stranger in their apartment in Chinatown, or gets murdered by a stranger who throws them in front of a train in Times Square, and another gets their head cut off by someone they know in Cypress Hills, which neighborhood would you rather live in? Sort of a modern day NYC riddle.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:35 PM

21 posts, read 20,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
You can pick the most terrifying-sounding thing from each neighborhood and come up with something you'd be afraid could happen to you. I personally would rather hear about something like that which most likely was some sort of domestic thing, or trafficking thing or whatever - not a stranger killing like what just happened to the woman inside her apartment in Chinatown or the other woman in the subway in Times square

If someone gets killed by a stranger in their apartment in Chinatown, or gets murdered by a stranger who throws them in front of a train in Times Square, and another gets their head cut off by someone they know in Cypress Hills, which neighborhood would you rather live in? Sort of a modern day NYC riddle.
It feels like crime is going up in every neighborhood in NYC. I'm very close to closing in on this deal and just accepting it. I feel like I wouldn't walk around at night and just sort of mind my own business with street smarts you know. I've been visiting the neighborhood and feeling fairly comfortable. In Williamsburg by Broadway where I live now I don't really walk around by myself when it's dark..... so maybe it'll be ok.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:39 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,348,706 times
Quote:
Cypress Hills is a nice, family oriented neighborhood. I live near there and my aunt has a house in the same neighborhood.
I play tennis and bike ride in Highland Park ALL summer.
LOL... Isn't Cypress Hills basically right next to East New York? It's about as hood as it gets.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:40 PM

1,083 posts, read 561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetmind View Post
It feels like crime is going up in every neighborhood in NYC. I'm very close to closing in on this deal and just accepting it. I feel like I wouldn't walk around at night and just sort of mind my own business with street smarts you know. I've been visiting the neighborhood and feeling fairly comfortable. In Williamsburg by Broadway where I live now I don't really walk around by myself when it's dark..... so maybe it'll be ok.
I think you'll be ok.
And congrats on getting more space.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:24 AM

1,439 posts, read 737,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LOL... Isn't Cypress Hills basically right next to East New York? It's about as hood as it gets.
It's a bit better/safer then ENY but not by much. I wouldn't even recommend Cypress Hills even during the Bloomberg years. And I use to frequent the area along with City Line back then.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:53 PM

1,107 posts, read 556,268 times
If a dismembered woman's torso in a shopping cart is not enough to dissuade the OP, then nothing will. Good luck to her.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:52 PM

15 posts, read 9,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
TBH, I had been living there(the boundary of Cypress Hills and Woodhaven) for 5 years and hood was pretty safe. My neighbors were mostly Asians and Hispanics, they were nice but just noisy on holidays. I took the train a few times on midnight and could not find a damn seats because there were lots of people going to JFK. And I had been taking 5AM train to work and its been always packed after bway-junt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City