Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 07:37 PM

5,711 posts, read 2,627,371 times

Advertisements

Normally every year around this time we have people complaining how gross it is outside. The last few weeks everyday hit high 80s or in the 90's, same temps expecting the next 2 weeks. So are people not going outside as much that they haven't noticed or just don't mind as much now with everything going on.
I love the Hot summer days. I have no complaints. I usually go for my walk peak sun time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 07:45 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,186,251 times
Sick of summer. Dying to get to some temps in the 20s with ice and snow. I just think its funny all these people could not wait for summer have done nothing but complain how hot and humid it is and wont even go out much now lol.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:50 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Normally every year around this time we have people complaining how gross it is outside. The last few weeks everyday hit high 80s or in the 90's, same temps expecting the next 2 weeks. So are people not going outside as much that they haven't noticed or just don't mind as much now with everything going on.
I love the Hot summer days. I have no complaints. I usually go for my walk peak sun time.
You do realize a good number of people have fled city. Many of the places people would have gone during hot/warm weather have been closed or just opened up (dog runs, some parks, athletic fields, pools, etc...) so people are just staying indoors.

Next people afraid of their own shadow and catching the bug if they step outside are remaining indoors, period. There could have been leprechauns giving away pots of gold on every NYC street corner they wouldn't know because don't venture out.

Temperatures have not been that hot really for NYC in summer. We've not had two or more days of back to back temps at or > 90F, and nights have been in 70's including some around 69F-72F.

Will give you things have been moist for past several weeks. That is main reason many are going to complain. More so because when temps aren't that hot, but air is moist it creates problems running AC.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:36 PM

5,711 posts, read 2,627,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You do realize a good number of people have fled city. Many of the places people would have gone during hot/warm weather have been closed or just opened up (dog runs, some parks, athletic fields, pools, etc...) so people are just staying indoors.

Next people afraid of their own shadow and catching the bug if they step outside are remaining indoors, period. There could have been leprechauns giving away pots of gold on every NYC street corner they wouldn't know because don't venture out.

Temperatures have not been that hot really for NYC in summer. We've not had two or more days of back to back temps at or > 90F, and nights have been in 70's including some around 69F-72F.

Will give you things have been moist for past several weeks. That is main reason many are going to complain. More so because when temps aren't that hot, but air is moist it creates problems running AC.
You do realize I asked in my question have people not been outside. You are one person so you can put your answer but I don't care to hear you speak for other people.
Many people on this board who I directed the question to have not fled the city. Many post on this site about their walk and daily trips out. You always write all your posts as factual information and if you know everyone's opinion. Speak yours and stop talking for everyone else. I'm on the forum to hear what all sorts of people think about subjects not just what Bugsy thinks and what he thinks people think.
And since your not a weatherman, we have had 4 days of 90+ in the Bronx since July. July 2,3,5, and 6!

Old 07-07-2020, 09:00 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times
Quote:
I hate the heat and humidity. If I'm up early enough and feel like it, I will go out before it gets too hot. If not, I wait til after 7 pm and go out then.

I've always hated the heat and humidity. I guess actually this summer's a little easier for me because there's nowhere much to go so I'm not taking the subway and don't have to deal with those oven temps on the subway platforms.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,981,389 times
The nights have been pretty cool actually. I remember balmier nights.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:01 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,987,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I hate the heat and humidity. If I'm up early enough and feel like it, I will go out before it gets too hot. If not, I wait til after 7 pm and go out then.

I've always hated the heat and humidity. I guess actually this summer's a little easier for me because there's nowhere much to go so I'm not taking the subway and don't have to deal with those oven temps on the subway platforms.
Ohhh... a friendly reminder that do not forget to jump on the scale frequently so you can track where the extra calories are stored due to lack of out going...

Old 07-08-2020, 02:09 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,987,205 times
Quote:
You do realize I asked in my question have people not been outside. You are one person so you can put your answer but I don't care to hear you speak for other people.
Many people on this board who I directed the question to have not fled the city. Many post on this site about their walk and daily trips out. You always write all your posts as factual information and if you know everyone's opinion. Speak yours and stop talking for everyone else. I'm on the forum to hear what all sorts of people think about subjects not just what Bugsy thinks and what he thinks people think.
And since your not a weatherman, we have had 4 days of 90+ in the Bronx since July. July 2,3,5, and 6!
I would like to hear how the very pretentious Bugsy responds to this...

Old 07-08-2020, 04:38 AM

16,139 posts, read 6,881,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Excerpt: Temperatures have not been that hot really for NYC in summer. We've not had two or more days of back to back temps at or > 90F, and nights have been in 70's including some around 69F-72F.

Response: You nailed it.

This has been a relatively cool June and July. Normally this time of year A.C. 's would be cranking 24/7.
The humidity index makes for tough to function A.C.'s as well as people.................

Old 07-08-2020, 04:51 AM

43,717 posts, read 44,488,948 times
Yesterday afternoon it was quite pleasant to sit outside as the cloud cover kept the temperature tolerable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: