Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:01 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,166,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Ohhh... a friendly reminder that do not forget to jump on the scale frequently so you can track where the extra calories are stored due to lack of out going...
Definitely already thought of that. I was trying to keep my step count up to what it was in previous years. In April and May I was able to do that, but now, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 09:05 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,562,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I don't know...but is it possible those are different people? I know 100% that you will never catch me crying in the winter about how I want summer weather, because I hate summer weather. In fact, in winter, you can find me saying, well, it's cold but at least it's not 85 and humid!!
Ditto! I've always thought I should be a sunbird but Australia is a little too far away...

Old 07-08-2020, 09:35 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,645,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
This ain't even close to a heat wave, where has the OP been all those years. 2 months ago people where still complaining about seeing 40s in May.
I never said it's a heat wave .
People sure like to put words in your mouth or ignore the words you said.
And I've been right here in NYC all those years.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:37 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,645,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Ditto! I've always thought I should be a sunbird but Australia is a little too far away...
I went to Australia for a summer years ago and boy was I disappointed that it was their winter and cold.
But you would probably like it. Someday when travel resumes look into it, Australia is beautiful.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:41 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,139,150 times
Quote:
I don't know...but is it possible those are different people? I know 100% that you will never catch me crying in the winter about how I want summer weather, because I hate summer weather. In fact, in winter, you can find me saying, well, it's cold but at least it's not 85 and humid!!

I appreciate winter weather, I think that for the most part, people should tune into the weather changes that are relevant to their environment. That said, I sympathize with people who hold difficult jobs outdoors like building skyscrapers on windy, bitterly cold days or the opposite.

I like summer weather like crazy though. I tend to forget the smells, the sight of greenery after having gone through a winter on a grey day in March. The Springtime blows me away, but really, the hot weather is parfect.

I just checked and the temps are the same in my small town South of Montreal and New York today 82F, but the humidity hikes our felt temperature to 99 degrees and this afternoon 88F, felt 106. But hey, I am glad I am in this instead of January at -15F.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:47 AM

25,395 posts, read 37,147,769 times
Yesterday was a walk to Cherry Valley (to return my beer cans) and a stroll to buy some things at Dollar Tree. I got tired and hot so I walked back to Cherry Valley to buy sone Coors and thought I would take the Free M15 South 3 stops to my house.

Waiting 30 minutes in the full sun had me heat exhausted...first time this year. I'd have been better off walking than taking the bus.

Glad to get home to the Arctic Air, my recliner, and 74 degrees.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:51 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,623,653 times
Hate the heat, hate the misquitos. My work from home situation is good enough that I won't be outside for much more than groceries until the fall. My electric bill has been low this year though. Our building supposedly splits it evenly amongst tenants (at least the lease says so), and I'm paying like 1/3 of what I was at my past place yay housing lottery.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:55 AM

8,942 posts, read 4,788,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
More so because when temps aren't that hot, but air is moist it creates problems running AC.
Exactly. When it's really humid, my bedroom AC shrugs & behaves more like a fan so I have to move my desk really up close to it for me to feel cool. At least the living room AC works great. Funny. The living room AC is 20 or so years older than my bedroom AC and yet it's so much better.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:24 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,191,394 times
Quote:
yep I enjoy the winter and never complain about it

Old 07-08-2020, 05:25 PM

383 posts, read 174,876 times
Everything people do, in a loop, is complain.

When it rains they hate it, it snows or it's cold in the winter, they can't wait for summer time, then summer time comes, they complain...

I love every single season, I love extremely hot summer days (matter of fact I love NY summers), as much as I love cold winters and snowstorms, as I am delighted to see the trees turn orange and red in the Fall.

Thank you mother nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: