Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 04:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I posted the source right in my post.
gotcha I see the chart. As I said, I don't see how that projection can possibly be true, there are more and more people per day hospitalized 2 weeks ago that will keep pushing up the daily deaths

Old 04-10-2020, 04:57 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
gotcha I see the chart. As I said, I don't see how that projection can possibly be true, there are more and more people per day hospitalized 2 weeks ago that will keep pushing up the daily deaths
It could be that the theraputic pills that are being tested in NY are changing something for the better. We will have to wait and see, when they asked Cuomo if the pills are working he said he is hearing "very promising things" but testing is still underway.

Last edited by Werdywerd; 04-10-2020 at 05:07 PM..

Old 04-10-2020, 04:58 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
At a press conference on Friday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said he is working to institute a rent freeze for over 2 million New Yorkers.

“We will keep the roof over your head,” he said.

The mayor said he was committed to addressing the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic. “The last paycheck is long gone,” he said.

To help those who are struggling, de Blasio said he has called on the Rent Guidelines Board to institute a rent freeze for New Yorkers in rent stabilized apartments. “Because, lord knows, people do not need another burden at this moment,” he said.

He added that New Yorkers who can’t afford the rent should be able to pay it with their security deposit. “We must protect people when it comes to just being able to live life — and we will,” he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/10/new-...nt-relief.html

Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Yet another reason to burn your building for the insurance money if you are a landlord in NYC.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-10-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
At a press conference on Friday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said he is working to institute a rent freeze for over 2 million New Yorkers.

The mayor said he was committed to addressing the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic. “The last paycheck is long gone,” he said.

To help those who are struggling, de Blasio said he has called on the Rent Guidelines Board to institute a rent freeze for New Yorkers in rent stabilized apartments. “Because, lord knows, people do not need another burden at this moment,” he said.

He added that New Yorkers who can’t afford the rent should be able to pay it with their security deposit. “We must protect people when it comes to just being able to live life — and we will,” he said.

Bozo making up the legal system as he goes along. I'm surprised he hasn't called for free subway forever, forgiveness of credit card debt, and forcing restaurants to give free meals every monday.

The man is extremely generous with other people's money

Old 04-10-2020, 05:05 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Bozo making up the legal system as he goes along. I'm surprised he hasn't called for free subway forever, forgiveness of credit card debt, and forcing restaurants to give free meals every monday.

The man is extremely generous with other people's money
Fareless municipal transit is the only one of those three that could make sense, though it's doubtful that Big Bird has fleshed out plans for that nor just about anything else.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 04-10-2020 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-10-2020, 05:18 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

Why don't they freeze Mortgages for those Buildings so Landlords don't even need to collect rent for this period?! Aww.,.poor banks? You know they gonna get their Federal bailout anyways.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Why don't they freeze Mortgages for those Buildings so Landlords don't even need to collect rent for this period?! Aww.,.poor banks? You know they gonna get their Federal bailout anyways.
do you even know what a federal bailout is?

it's a loan, paid back with interest. renters are looking for handouts not loans

Old 04-10-2020, 05:56 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
do you even know what a federal bailout is?

it's a loan, paid back with interest. renters are looking for handouts not loans
aren't they waiving interest for some of these programs? like student loans?

I am just saying, if they wanna freeze rent,..that's only the bottom of the problem. The buildings they rent from have mortgages too. Freeze it all the way Up then. Make "PAUSE" really a pause.

The State can front it.

SO all those banks that got bailed out during the housing crisis got 'loans' that they pay back?

Old 04-10-2020, 06:30 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ore-segregated

A Vision of Post-Pandemic New York
Once this is over, the city will be younger, cheaper, poorer and segregated in a new way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.