Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 07:05 AM

1,566 posts, read 906,930 times

Advertisements

-2dq

edit: this happened when I cleaned my keyboard with lysol. Pardon the interruption. Carry on.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:39 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,127,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
They banned bushmeat during this epidemic and there’s no time limit on the ban. I guess that’s a small silver lining.

I mean, just grow the cells in-vitro if you really need it that much.
Lol. I guess we should buy stock in the lab grown meat start-ups now. That's the next phase. Look Ma! No feet, headless chicken, but juicy and tender...

Old 03-20-2020, 07:46 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I'm sure that you're trying to be a decent human being, and are understanding of the old guy's desire to simply get out and look at something beyond the 4 walls of his apartment. HOWEVER, in the interest of the safety of the public at large, he needs to follow the guidelines, and stay in his apartment.

Yes, I think you should talk with the building's manager.....
Maybe the old man wants to check out early.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Yesterday my apt. bldg. management stuck in everyone's doors a notice that includes a request for no loitering in the public areas of the bldg. including the lobby. But despite this an elderly gentleman (who I am not sure speaks English) and his caretaker parked themselves as usual in the lobby. I am wondering if this should be reported to the management if this continues although I have no idea which apt. the man lives in.
Report it.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:49 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Lol. I guess we should buy stock in the lab grown meat start-ups now. That's the next phase. Look Ma! No feet, headless chicken, but juicy and tender...
Well, apparently we get a lot of diseases from warm-blooded animals such as mammals and birds whether wild or domesticated. One of the large fears about the farming system in the US has been the unsanitary conditions the animals are kept in and then the massive amount of antibiotics they are fed in order to keep them from incubating diseases. The antibiotics part sounds good for a bit, but the actual fear behind that is that you're making many, many rolls of the die with that many creatures that quickly and at some point something will evolve that is immune to even a stiff cocktail of antibiotics and you are screwed.

Plus, you can engineer that lab meat to already be bbq-sauce flavored.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:50 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
This is all just a pretext for martial law and population culling.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:51 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Yesterday my apt. bldg. management stuck in everyone's doors a notice that includes a request for no loitering in the public areas of the bldg. including the lobby. But despite this an elderly gentleman (who I am not sure speaks English) and his caretaker parked themselves as usual in the lobby. I am wondering if this should be reported to the management if this continues although I have no idea which apt. the man lives in.
Holler at them from a safe distance (caretaker speaks some English, yes?) the next time you see this and try to tell them that they should not be hanging out in the lobby for their own and everyone else's own good and call management to say the same.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:54 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Cuomo just ordered all barbershops and hair salons to close tomorrow. Maybe he is not going to call it shelter in place but he’s closing things one by one. Maybe gas stations, banks, and grocery stores will be closed later on.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...3au-story.html

Old 03-20-2020, 08:02 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
The numbers are from the WHO are monitoring China. Do I believe the numbers, not completely but it's on par as what I believe here in the USA:

Do I think the Wuhan virus has settled mostly in China? Yes. Why? Because of actions, simple as that. They shut down the cities holding millions for 6 weeks. Tested. Built a few hospitals in 10 days. Sprayed the cities twice everyday, including highways; they have drones doing it 24/7 in certain areas. Put out hologram buttons to reduce touching, stations that spray people as you walk through them, joint efforts from their 3.1 million doctors. They shut down and monitored all incoming flights. etc. etc. etc.

They responded.

Same results in South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan. They are model countries now that European countries should learn from. We had a 2 month head start. It's a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9y1KH-TMps

Now what other $30 meal should I order from postmates.....
I wonder what is in that spray??? How do they know that it will work against the Coronavirus??

Old 03-20-2020, 08:49 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Cuomo just ordered all barbershops and hair salons to close tomorrow. Maybe he is not going to call it shelter in place but he’s closing things one by one. Maybe gas stations, banks, and grocery stores will be closed later on.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...3au-story.html
I walked by a salon yesterday and it was open and was surprised by this. Saw no clients at all. The job requires direct personal contact. Not the time for this service. Grocery stores closing will be concerning. How will those who run out of food survive? This is bound to cause some level of civil unrest if things go that far. All quiet now but theres a tipping point for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City