Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
atg atg started this thread

3 posts, read 6,991 times

Advertisements

are looked down upon in this state - why is it?

They are people too - so why can't they be treated like HUMAN BEINGS instead of being treated like scum?

It's disgusting on what's happening with society around here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 AM

368 posts, read 834,708 times
I have to ask what and who are you talking about?

Old 12-09-2006, 08:52 AM
atg atg started this thread

3 posts, read 6,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
I have to ask what and who are you talking about?
Noone in particular and generally speaking/asking.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:32 PM

480 posts, read 2,834,872 times
Often, people with low self esteem feel as if people are judging them. Often times they're not.

Nobody really cares about someone else's salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post

They are people too - so why can't they be treated like HUMAN BEINGS instead of being treated like scum?

Old 12-10-2006, 06:56 AM

9 posts, read 65,298 times
Default Making less than 40,000

It sounds as though you may be speaking of persons of low income. Well here in the northeast it seems that you are at poverty if making 40,000 or less. I don't even make 25,000. But i don't fret, that much, and no one treats me bad except banks when i ask for money to fix my car or pay for something that is really big. So I don't do that anymore. but atg open up to your source of income. Know that you can do what you want if you want it bad enough. Engage in learning a skill that brings you joy, we all work for something, and if money isn't it than try to bring joy into your heart.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:24 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,685,954 times
Default common courtesy seems dead sometimes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobian View Post
It sounds as though you may be speaking of persons of low income. Well here in the northeast it seems that you are at poverty if making 40,000 or less. I don't even make 25,000. But i don't fret, that much, and no one treats me bad except banks when i ask for money to fix my car or pay for something that is really big. So I don't do that anymore. but atg open up to your source of income. Know that you can do what you want if you want it bad enough. Engage in learning a skill that brings you joy, we all work for something, and if money isn't it than try to bring joy into your heart.
what a nice positive post!. And no personal attacks. Bravo for you!. To the OP yes- some people can act rude- if you are in customer service- My neighbor in Garden City- once went to mgmnt about a Lancome employee who was rude to his wife- she basically hated her job, so projected that negativity onto others- it happens alot and sometimes the one with low self esteem treats YOU bad, even if you are the one earning low wages.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM

131 posts, read 190,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post

Friend,the sky is the limit and set your goals high if you want more.I notice all through America,people you think has a lot are really barely getting by because they are so much in debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: