Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 06:47 PM

144 posts, read 229,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksyanks23 View Post
They tell if you pass or fail right there.
I passed already and know that. i just want to know the time frame for when the results will come in the mail

Old 05-25-2017, 07:28 PM

271 posts, read 455,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsny_future View Post
I passed already and know that. i just want to know the time frame for when the results will come in the mail
You'll get the postcard in the mail with your physical results like a year after taking it.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGEPO View Post
You'll get the postcard in the mail with your physical results like a year after taking it.
Thanks

Old 05-25-2017, 08:01 PM

529 posts, read 727,244 times
Lmao

Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 PM

101 posts, read 154,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
If you get a flat tire, need to watch your kids, or have a family emergency, call out & let them know why. You'll need to bring in proof & a written letter within 48 hours I believe. Life happens. Sometimes if you're working an earlier shift they'll arrange for you to come in for a later shift like 4pm or 7pm if you can, instead of taking your comp time.
Thanks for the information!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 PM

101 posts, read 154,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
You can call in and go emergency, you might have to show proof. If you have hours you will get paid if you dont then you won't. Hours can only be obtained by your days off landing on holidays which is 8 hrs or 4 hours for going out of town.
Aha i see. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:58 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobes24 View Post
If you sign days will you mostly work days just different day shifts or you can still work nights a lot?
"Sign days" isn't a thing lol

Old 05-26-2017, 12:53 AM

359 posts, read 466,718 times
Hahaha ���� the people complaining about the hours or possible time away have no idea what it's like to work in other city jobs . Try doing 3 or 4 days in a row of 16 hour shifts . While working the wheel. Never seeing sunlight . Smh

Old 05-26-2017, 10:40 AM

15 posts, read 20,069 times
For the guys asking about having to take a day due to emergency at home, let's get the job first and cross that other bridge when we get there. You'll have plenty of hoops to jump thru before even getting the job, so relax.

If you get on, be on time! That doesn't mean show up at the top of the hour. It means be in uniform ready to go at the top of the hour. When you're sick, you're sick. But I'd say do your best to tough it out while on probation. Also, we all like to have fun in life, but if you like to "party", you need to cut that s**t out. All it takes is that 1 strike and cya later. If you value your career over your recreational activities, then don't do it. And stop with the scientific stuff "well if I go on vacation, it'll be outta my system by Monday" or "if I stop drinking now, I'll have 8-9 hours til tomorrow" , just stop. On probation there are no 2nd chances. 1 and done. Just get the job first, be on time, don't go AWOL, and you'll be off probation in no time.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumberjack View Post
For the guys asking about having to take a day due to emergency at home, let's get the job first and cross that other bridge when we get there. You'll have plenty of hoops to jump thru before even getting the job, so relax.

If you get on, be on time! That doesn't mean show up at the top of the hour. It means be in uniform ready to go at the top of the hour. When you're sick, you're sick. But I'd say do your best to tough it out while on probation. Also, we all like to have fun in life, but if you like to "party", you need to cut that s**t out. All it takes is that 1 strike and cya later. If you value your career over your recreational activities, then don't do it. And stop with the scientific stuff "well if I go on vacation, it'll be outta my system by Monday" or "if I stop drinking now, I'll have 8-9 hours til tomorrow" , just stop. On probation there are no 2nd chances. 1 and done. Just get the job first, be on time, don't go AWOL, and you'll be off probation in no time.
Very good advice.... when i did the physical there was a guy complaining about the pay and the hours and im like did you read the job description? Smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.