Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 07:58 PM

264 posts, read 504,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna3416 View Post
Did they question your work history?
No, I have worked since HS with only a 6 month gap at one point but I was also in college during that time so maybe that's why they didn't. Maybe there is someone on the site who went through this and can help you.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:00 PM

264 posts, read 504,332 times
When did you get notified? What part of the process did you get up to

Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,394,039 times
Whatever you do. Don't lie about your past. This is a job that allows for second chances. If you have any past conviction be forthright. I saw someone lose this job just before probation was over. He did not disclose a past conviction, the job sees that as lying and he was terminated. They do indeed investigate. Not to the extent of nypd,fdny, but simple background check of the information given. They don't care if you worked or not, just the reason why.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 AM

218 posts, read 294,289 times
Anyone have a guess as to when orientation letters may be going out? Should be coming soon.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 AM

512 posts, read 766,031 times
may/june....assuming they want to hire this year

Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 AM

288 posts, read 470,093 times
Hopefully in May.. plenty of us need to get out of our current jobs.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:27 PM

56 posts, read 82,443 times
Anyone know where to find the form for change of address? Or who to contact? Not easy right now to get to 1 Centre due to work load and hours.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:51 AM

199 posts, read 519,377 times
From DCAS website. There is no form just write a letter.
What should I do if I have a change of address after I apply for an examination? [back to top]
If the eligible list for the examination for which you applied has not yet been established, you should send a letter stating your social security number, exam title, exam number, old address and new address to:

DCAS Examining Service Section
1 Centre Street, 14th Floor South
New York, NY 10007
Attention: Record Room

If the eligible list for the examination for which you applied has already been established, you should send a letter stating your social security number, exam title, your list number, old address and new address to:

NYC DCAS
1 Centre Street
New York, NY 10007
Attention: Certification Unit, Room 2150 South

Please note, you may also request a change of address by coming to the reception area at DCAS in Room 2150 South at 1 Centre Street in lower Manhattan and completing a change of address form. Your letter or completed form will result in a change of address for every eligible list on which your name appears.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:57 PM

29 posts, read 39,125 times
I'm in the low 900's after the adjustment and I'm still waiting for my ****ing medical. I'm definitely going to frame my passing of The DSNY Physical Letter. That notification meant so much to me I think I'm going to hang it on the wall next to my Marine Corps Boot Camp Photo. I still can't believe I watched a guy fail the physical. This thin black dude, about 25 to 30 next to me just decided to stop half way thru, and began pounding water as the monitor gave him a pep talk. I was thinking "Holy **** is this guy retarded or just that much of a *****." I don't even know what to expect after the medical. I have my CDL Class A and I would've been hired at the end of last year if they had included my 5 points for Residency. How that happened I have no i idea. I can't recollect or even imagine missing something so important, but that's what DCAS had to say, and they weren't changing that last year, which they made perfectly clear even after months of badgering and challenging multilevel Supervisors. I remember asking The Assistant Director, "So are you personally going to give me my $50,000 Dollars in losses and benefits, or who do I have to talk to about that?" I contacted outside agencies and The DSNY Directly, but they said it was a DCAS matter and I ended up going alI the way to The Mayor's office.(Damn right I took it that far) It was mailed to a Bronx Address, for God Sake. The very same apartment I'm writing this from. It totally sucks playing the waiting game when you want, and need this ****ing job so bad.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:36 AM

54 posts, read 73,992 times
So they're saying they will not give you those 5 points for residency.
When I took the NYPD exam they didn't give me the five points so I wrote a letter to dcas as stated on the notice and they gave me an adjusted number but that number never changed during the process. It was my old number that went through the process, so pretty much that edjustment meant nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City