Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 06:31 AM

199 posts, read 518,888 times

Advertisements

What was he was arrested for would most likely determine his future with the department. Dwi, drugs usually on the spot. Did they suspend the person.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:41 AM

264 posts, read 503,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman357 View Post
What was he was arrested for would most likely determine his future with the department. Dwi, drugs usually on the spot. Did they suspend the person.
Domestic violence, dont know if he was suspended was not at this garage yet when it happend. I was just curious because it was continually stated that you would be terminated so i was surprised he was not. I guess domestic violence could be a grey area considering someone can get charged without actually being violent so maybe thats why he was not terminated.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 PM

512 posts, read 765,248 times
Goes to the Dept advocate......Not sure what garage you are in but i know guy who got extended because he got arrested for domestic violence......i guess they didnt fire him because his "then" spouse got arrested the same day

Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 AM

122 posts, read 202,849 times
Good Morning, Fellas

Been awhile since I've been on here. I skimmed back as much as i could to catch up. I have a couple of questions.

Who here took the physical of November LAST year?

And about how many ppl approx. get called for each class?

Early 1600's here and I'm curious if i'll have a shot for july 2017. I took the physical last year, and went on a year long trip shortly after to China and got back recently. I want to make sure with you guys if I missed something with my list number.

I don't trust talking with DCAS. I've have many headaches with them in the past and it was a bureaucratic NIGHTMARE.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if any of these questions were made before. I just couldn't find them through the search option on this thread.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:52 AM

327 posts, read 469,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerRat View Post
Good Morning, Fellas

Been awhile since I've been on here. I skimmed back as much as i could to catch up. I have a couple of questions.

Who here took the physical of November LAST year?

And about how many ppl approx. get called for each class?

Early 1600's here and I'm curious if i'll have a shot for july 2017. I took the physical last year, and went on a year long trip shortly after to China and got back recently. I want to make sure with you guys if I missed something with my list number.

I don't trust talking with DCAS. I've have many headaches with them in the past and it was a bureaucratic NIGHTMARE.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if any of these questions were made before. I just couldn't find them through the search option on this thread.
Usually 100-125/class. You got your CDL already? I don't know what list number they're up to, but they seemed to move up the list pretty quickly this year, so you gotta figure alot of people that were passed up for not being ready should be ready this year. I think you might have a shot for the last class if the trend continues, if not 2018.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
Usually 100-125/class. You got your CDL already? I don't know what list number they're up to, but they seemed to move up the list pretty quickly this year, so you gotta figure alot of people that were passed up for not being ready should be ready this year. I think you might have a shot for the last class if the trend continues, if not 2018.
I haven't gotten my cdl yet because I wasn't in the country. I'll start planning to do so now that I'm back.

I think I read last number to graduate was in the late 900's. It was posted in this thread pages ago from someone in the last class.

Thanks.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:43 AM

7 posts, read 12,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerRat View Post
I haven't gotten my cdl yet because I wasn't in the country. I'll start planning to do so now that I'm back.

I think I read last number to graduate was in the late 900's. It was posted in this thread pages ago from someone in the last class.

Thanks.
You need the CDL. Go get that because it's pointless to even consider yourself for the upcoming year without it. This year they got up to #989..literally a few numbers short of 1,000. It takes about 300 people to fill a class of about 100. I'd say that they get the first class outta the guys who missed it last year, and then classes 2 and 3 ending right around your list number. That is assuming they hire 3 classes again.

Good luck with the CDL!!!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcode2 View Post
You need the CDL. Go get that because it's pointless to even consider yourself for the upcoming year without it. This year they got up to #989..literally a few numbers short of 1,000. It takes about 300 people to fill a class of about 100. I'd say that they get the first class outta the guys who missed it last year, and then classes 2 and 3 ending right around your list number. That is assuming they hire 3 classes again.

Good luck with the CDL!!!
so with that info then maybe july '18 for me, since there's a class each year, right?

Much appreciated, thanks guys.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM

529 posts, read 726,837 times
again nobody knows how many classes they will do and nobody knows how the list will move. if it moves like this year then you should be on this summer. but we won't know for another 5 months

Old 12-11-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
again nobody knows how many classes they will do and nobody knows how the list will move. if it moves like this year then you should be on this summer. but we won't know for another 5 months
Thanks, Dub
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City