Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 08:07 AM

173 posts, read 262,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
He just got back to me, clarified that the city wants 150 for the FIRST class, union wants 300.

Let's see how many the following classes this year get.
Impossible to fit 300 in a class..let alone 150

Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 AM

779 posts, read 1,005,126 times
I'm not going to lie, all this CDL info is a bit confusing. I'm still studying the book, gonna go for the permit before I leave to vacation in June, and then proceed with the classes and road test when I get back in July.

Would it be safe just to approach the DMV front desk clerk and let them know I need the CDL permit to work for DSNY?

I'm hoping the clerk will be able to point me in the right direction as for what I do and don't need...

Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 AM

529 posts, read 727,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
I'm not going to lie, all this CDL info is a bit confusing. I'm still studying the book, gonna go for the permit before I leave to vacation in June, and then proceed with the classes and road test when I get back in July.

Would it be safe just to approach the DMV front desk clerk and let them know I need the CDL permit to work for DSNY?

I'm hoping the clerk will be able to point me in the right direction as for what I do and don't need...
IF YOU USING IT JUST FOR SANITATION YOU DONT NEED THE MEDICAL. IF YOU WANNA WORK OTHER JOBS THAT NEED THE MEDICAL THEN GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B bdnxjjdjfkfofjnfjfnfbfnreisid Lord save them

Old 04-25-2016, 09:08 AM

779 posts, read 1,005,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
IF YOU USING IT JUST FOR SANITATION YOU DONT NEED THE MEDICAL. IF YOU WANNA WORK OTHER JOBS THAT NEED THE MEDICAL THEN GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B bdnxjjdjfkfofjnfjfnfbfnreisid Lord save them
LOL, I understood that part.

I'm going to keep it simple and get what's needed for DSNY, if any job opportunities come up where medical is needed I'll just get it done then.

The new guy totally confused me with the A3/IE

Old 04-25-2016, 09:13 AM

73 posts, read 118,227 times
Just go back and read Wildogs post with the break down. That was accurate and straight to the point.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:21 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
LOL, I understood that part.

I'm going to keep it simple and get what's needed for DSNY, if any job opportunities come up where medical is needed I'll just get it done then.

The new guy totally confused me with the A3/IE
A3 is a restriction on your license. All it means is you don't have the medical.

When choosing your cdl you get four categories. Non-Excepted Interstate, Non-Excepted Intrastate, Excepted Interstate, and Excepted Intrastate.

We have to drive to New Jersey (interstate) so choosing the intrastate ones means you no get jobby job. That leaves Non Excepted Interstate and Excepted Interstate. NI and EI. Everyone needs the medical EXCEPT a certain few. So no medical then you're EI, Excepted Interstate. The cdl test people should know this

Old 04-25-2016, 01:01 PM

92 posts, read 123,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Well he did post his list # so now all these new guys will know who he is, FBF tissues will have fun with him also. He's not a douche yet so take it easy on him. Probably just a clueless kid, we all know the type. Harmless.
Thats all I am... a clueless kid who was just looking for an answer.. I have my road test this Saturday.. wishh me luckk

Old 04-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
I answered this several times. You can have the medical but then you need to renew it forever and if you forget you will then have no medical and no A3 and the boro will call your garage and tell them you're grounded intoe you fix the situation one way or another. For that reason anyone who isn't going to use the license for anything other than this job, put the A3 on. If you're going to get other cdl jobs, keep the medical.

Yes you'd have to go back to the dmv one time for an A3 and EI. The other way you'd have several trips to a doctor sooo pick your poison
Thank you AWOL... that answers my question.. appreciate it.. Road test this Saturday wish me luckk

Old 04-25-2016, 02:33 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiedeee View Post
Thank you AWOL... that answers my question.. appreciate it.. Road test this Saturday wish me luckk
Good luck. Look in those mirrors, slow and steady. It's a shorter test than you think. Make sure you leave that curb with zero points

Old 04-25-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Good luck. Look in those mirrors, slow and steady. It's a shorter test than you think. Make sure you leave that curb with zero points
Yessir I have been watching YouTube videos every night about the pretrip and I have an hour lesson before the road test so gonna tell them I just want to practice the pre trip for the majority of the hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City