Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:51 AM

664 posts, read 807,220 times

Advertisements

Roy Rogers was nothing but fast food laden with chemicals.

Some things deserve to die to make way for better alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 09:55 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Secaucus is NYC now?
No, but that could be a useful bit of information for someone in NYC with an unquenchable craving for Roy Rogers.

If this forum has just one bit of useful information that can help someone, just once a day, all this other crap might just be worth it.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Popeyes is the popular fried chicken chain right now. I'm not sure they're any more healthier though. It's all about trends. I remember not too long ago KFC was the reigning supreme leader in that category but even it has slipped.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:00 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
The Trigger burgers and free fixins bar was great. Too bad

Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
Theres still a few Blimpie's left. One on 125th and another downtown by John and Bway.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Popeyes is the popular fried chicken chain right now. I'm not sure they're any more healthier though. It's all about trends. I remember not too long ago KFC was the reigning supreme leader in that category but even it has slipped.
If I'm gonna indulge in fast food I still prefer KFC to popeyes. Neither is healthy. I like the KFC seasoning better, also KFC has better tasting sides. I think Popeyes are generally cleaner and offer a bit more varied menu (seafood, etc) hence why I think they are more popular fried chicken wise.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
When Roy Rogers split from Marriott, and is now being reinvented with new franchisees, the chain seemed to stumble, losing many locations. The Mid-Atlantic is the stronghold, which makes sense, since it is a Maryland-based entity. I think that the founder's children bought the company from Marriott, and set it up as its own company. With a lack of national advertising recognition, that other fast food chains have, the location was likely not as profitable as it could have been, and it's not surprising that the restaurant closed, since a franchisee has to weigh the cost of the space versus profit potential. It is difficult to win new customers, when tourists and younger people do not know the concept behind Roy Rogers, and that they offer more than just roast beef sandwiches.

IIRC Roy Rogers also uses real roast beef in the sandwiches, not roast beef loaf as some other chains use. And, the nutrition of their sandwiches is actually not bad for fast food, since I know an RD who will eat a roast beef sandwich and a salad, when she eats fast food, that is, since the sandwich is under 400 calories, and you can get it with a whole grain roll. Sorry, for the RR lovers, I didn't mean to make you hungry for one -- next stop Secaucus, I know!

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM

27 posts, read 117,963 times
This is sad! I loved Roy Rogers as a kid. I still have my "Buckaroo Club" card (that I think got you a free Coke with a roast beef sandwich).

Aside from the great roast beef, I remember that the one in Short Hills/Millburn, NJ had very cool horse-themed high chairs.

I don't go to NYC much, but the Roy Rogers in Penn Station was always my first stop when I got off the train.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:46 AM

112 posts, read 181,802 times
Ill buy the Buckaroo Club card from you with bitcoin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City