Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,003,562 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested, the city is giving away free trees as part of their million trees nyc initiative www.millionfreetreesnyc.org (broken link)

Only the owner of the property can request a tree, however you can do it easily online at www.nyc.gov/freetree and you will get a beautiful, free tree planted on your sidewalk by Spring. They take great care in selecting the tree for you, as well as doing the curb cut, planting, and any and all maintenance (pruning, feeding, etc)..all you have to do is fill out the form and the tree is yours.

I just had a tree planted and it was super easy, no cost, no work..and adds immense value to the neighborhood, visually, financially, and great for the environment. If anyone needs any assistance...please private message me and I can walk you through it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
If anyone is interested, the city is giving away free trees as part of their million trees nyc initiative www.millionfreetreesnyc.org

Only the owner of the property can request a tree, however you can do it easily online at www.nyc.gov/freetree and you will get a beautiful, free tree planted on your sidewalk by Spring. They take great care in selecting the tree for you, as well as doing the curb cut, planting, and any and all maintenance (pruning, feeding, etc)..all you have to do is fill out the form and the tree is yours.

I just had a tree planted and it was super easy, no cost, no work..and adds immense value to the neighborhood, visually, financially, and great for the environment. If anyone needs any assistance...please private message me and I can walk you through it. Thanks.
go get your mott haven friends on board....thats actually cool that the city is giving away something.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:14 AM

Yeah its pretty cool...I have signed up 4 more people on my block already..and counting!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
I was under the impression that any homeowner in the five boroughs could get a free street tree from the Parks Department street tree division even before this promotion. We got one a couple of years ago but weren't able to pick out the type. (They gave us a Pin Oak, which is fine by me.)

Old 12-18-2007, 07:52 AM

Yes anyone can get a free tree...I was unable to pick one otu also..they pick one depending on the amount of light your area gets...and whether it is going to be under powerlines (height limits). But either way all the trees bloom beautifully...and are great for the communities.

If anyone needs help getting a free tree...you acn private message me....tell a friend!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Just a reminder...the city is giving away FREE TREES..all you have to do is sign up! They come out, do the curb cut, plant and maintain the tree for you! It not only increases property values and makes the air cleaner, it is also beautiful! You do NOT have to be the owner of a property to request a tree, you can advise the city of places where you think trees should be planted, like more trees in a park, a street median, your place of business, in front of the building you live in, etc. There is absolutely NO cost to you! Please click below to learn more and help make the city green! MillionTreesNYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City