Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:42 AM

87 posts, read 122,162 times

Advertisements

What age group, hobbies, interest, and ect is the best fit for NYC?

Here is an example of what I mean :

Miami Florida:
-Great for the twenties group (23-29)
- Someone who likes warm weather year round
- Looking for a more Spanish influence
- Someone who enjoys water sports / being active
- Likes going to the beach
- Good place to be single and meet people
- laid back type of person
- decent music scene

It doesn't hurt to be more detailed. In summary, what type of people is NYC the best fit for?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 09:38 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchick118 View Post
What age group, hobbies, interest, and ect is the best fit for NYC?

Here is an example of what I mean :

Miami Florida:
-Great for the twenties group (23-29)
- Someone who likes warm weather year round
- Looking for a more Spanish influence
- Someone who enjoys water sports / being active
- Likes going to the beach
- Good place to be single and meet people
- laid back type of person
- decent music scene

It doesn't hurt to be more detailed. In summary, what type of people is NYC the best fit for?

Thanks
I would say:

- great for someone who likes extreme weather temps (hot, cold, rainy, snowy);
- good if you're highly motivated and/or high strung lol
- good if you're ok with cramped, crowded living conditions;

I would say if you're looking for stable relationship, it might be hard to find here. I know so many lonely, single people hear that still live with their parents into their 50s.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 AM

87 posts, read 122,162 times
Wow, aren't those extreme cases? I am sure there are young couples in NYC. I mean with the transplants and everything. I think meeting more people/ more numbers increases your chance of finding someone right? I do know older people married in nyc though.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
Quote:
Wow, aren't those extreme cases? I am sure there are young couples in NYC. I mean with the transplants and everything. I think meeting more people/ more numbers increases your chance of finding someone right? I do know older people married in nyc though.
You are going to have to filter the replies to this thread. Above poster is sick and tired of NY and wants to move away, so yes, you're going to have negative/extreme replies from people who have the viewpoint.

I think NY is best for people who are highly ambitious and love to go out -- whether it's at night to restaurants and bars, or during the day to cultural events, etc. And they should be willing to sacrifice some level or comfort in order to be in the NYC environment, such as dealing with smaller spaces and riding crowded subways. As for age, I think people could be happy here at any age, but for those who are coming here when they're older, they should really have plenty of money. I have heard of older couples retiring here, but they are really well-off and can afford a nice condo in a great part of time, and can afford to live well.

I think NYC is not great for people who love to drive everywhere and who don't enjoy crowded conditions. NY is fine for home-bodies, but more so for people who already live here and prefer to stick to being at home. It wouldn't make sense to move here from elsewhere just to end up being a homebody.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I would say if you're looking for stable relationship, it might be hard to find here. I know so many lonely, single people hear that still live with their parents into their 50s.
I always figured it was for the cheap rent that people stay living with family.
Either way, being a grown *ss adult still living with your parents will not likely lead you to find a mate.
Who wants to date you, your mommy and your daddy lol

Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,435,568 times
I think NYC is good for every age group. One has to make an effort to find what they need but NYC has everything.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 AM

10,224 posts, read 19,220,925 times
Rich, bad-tempered, plutocrats. Also rich, bad-tempered, celebrities. And overgrown frat boys, though they're mostly being moved to Hoboken. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
I think the best fit for any city is:

Breathing
Productive
Law Abiding
Even tempered
Good person

Old 02-01-2014, 12:50 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
yes of course...I am pretty young and found a good relationship. It's always possible.

I do agree I'm probably not the best person to ask if you are looking for positives about NYC

Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,790 times
Just be rich. that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City