Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doordoor View Post
I'm not quite sure how you get the opinion that the money spent on NYFA is not really a good investment? As I mentioned, there are various things that completely suck in the organization and when it comes to management, planning and communication aspects, but I wouldn't say the money is really not a good investment. I'd like to know, based on what information and experience you think that way?

And about dreams - there's no worry about shattering them. I'm very realistic of the severe competition in the field, yet aware of my own potential and also of my flaws. But maybe that comment wasn't targeted at me, but stated as an overall opinion? Since absolutely there are always people with unrealistic goals, but at least talking with my class mates I feel like they all have an idea of the reality. I remember one of our teachers even asking us "how many of you (ten students) will actually end up having a career on Broadway and in such level musical theatre?". We replied "One". And he said "Maximum, one".

And students being happy? Like I said, a great majority of the students are extremely satisfied with the teachers and their ability to teach - and I must disagree with you, a lot of the students might be "kids", but a great number of them are mature young adults and they are completely aware of what they're trying to pursue in their lives.

He was just being nice when he told you 1 in 10-- nice and trying to protect his job,

I would say maybe 1 in 10,000=== I don't think that 1 out of 10 out of Tisch ever make it to Broadway. That is the problem with theater students they are all fed a bunch of BS about their "talent" and trust me I do have the information and the experience on this.
And yes that comment was directed at you and every other poor kid who has tried to make it without being told the hard reality of the situation. But keep going and do what you like... I'm not paying the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: