Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
This is liberalism at it's finest.
Don't Blacks and Hispanics vote for liberals?

I think it was 97% in the last election....

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 08:49 PM

402 posts, read 812,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Don't Blacks and Hispanics vote for liberals?

I think it was 97% in the last election....

Posted with TapaTalk

They would vote for a Speaker box as long as he is dark and democrat.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,338,050 times
Let's just split and have 2 countries, the United States of Liberalism and the United States of Conservatives. That will solve everything. The Liberals will keep the Northeast and the Conservatives can have everything except California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
They would vote for a Speaker box as long as he is dark and democrat.
Were'nt they about to coronate Weiner as Mayor until he became even too embarrassing for them?

There's a guy that just exudes weasel....

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-24-2013, 01:12 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,996,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Let's just split and have 2 countries, the United States of Liberalism and the United States of Conservatives. That will solve everything. The Liberals will keep the Northeast and the Conservatives can have everything except California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.
This ridiculous. Not all liberals live in the Northeast or the West Coast. President Obama won states in the MidWest, Virginia, Florida, New Mexico, Colorado, etc. And quite clearly we have white racist conservatives in NY who are upset about how demographics have changed and on how you can't win office by appealing to old school white conservatives anymore.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,999,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
1) It is unconstitutional to target people of a particular race.
They're not targeting race, they're targeting suspecting gang members and guess who makes up the majority of gangs? Blacks and hispanics. Once upon a time it would've been whites too (Irish/Italian gangs).

Quote:
2) Apparently they aren't the only ones targeted by stop and frisk White Woman Sues NYPD Over Invasive Stop-And-Frisk In Williamsburg: Gothamist
So it's not about race then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And quite clearly we have white racist conservatives in NY who are upset about how demographics have changed and on how you can't win office by appealing to old school white conservatives anymore.
Yes. Thankfully NYC is evolving and can now vote for bigoted, race-hustling Democrat politicians who make everything about race instead of focusing on the root of problems in order to fix them.

See what progressive policies did to Detroit, Chicago...NYC next...!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM

588 posts, read 947,953 times
I bet the people who want the nypd neutered will be the first to complain if/when crime goes up.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
I bet the people who want the nypd neutered will be the first to complain if/when crime goes up.
Some would call it neutered and others would call it being held accountable.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM

811 posts, read 551,281 times
Honestly this is one of those issues where I'd just fall back and let however it turns out turns out.

No more stop and frisk and less police presence in the hood. Therea no point the cops get nothing most of the time as most others pointed out and the people in the neighborhoods don't like it so its a win win.

Anytime cops come up with a new idea fools want to complain. If I were bloomberg or Kelly by now I would have just said "you want to whine and b*tch, fine ill take out the cops period, within the borders high crime neighborhoods police will not respond or be stationed". If they want to scream f*ck the police so much and cry then give them what they want see how long they enjoy it. Anyone seen the purge?

Even this new idea of fingerprints in the projects people are whining and "are we less than human to you?". So I guess most colleges see their students as less than human since you need an ID to get in your dorms.

I live in Flatbush now and never been stopped and I'm a black male. All these other neighborhoods like ENY brownsville all that I could care less if they gave the people what they want and just let the police say "ok you hate us so bad we'll leave you guys alone you won't hwar a peep from us". Not my hood not my problem and if you don't live there I don't see why you would either.

I was watching the news the other day there was a shooting in the bronx and someone was like "my child can't play in the street like they deserve to because its so dangerous". I bet you they'd be the same person to cry racism and complain if police presence on their block increased.

Like I said not my hood not my problem. And police should stop stop and frfrisk its a waste of time. If you don't live in the hood or have someone you love that lives there honestly you should not care the least bit about the issues, I grew up in it and I'm telling you those that are good enough to go on the good path and make it out will, let the animals kill eachother as long as they leave the innocents out (God-willing)

Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM

811 posts, read 551,281 times
And if you are not black or hispanic, I really don't know why this is an issue to you. I really don't understand when some rich white person have it all from the upper east side cares about a few minorities being stopped on the other end of the city about people that would not give two s**ts about them if they were to be robbed or anythimg else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City