Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Man I can't wait to leave this city to the zealots. As if we needed another thread, from the usual suspect, cheering how the enlightened ones are going to dictate to the masses what we Neanderthals aren't bright and progressive enough to see for ourselves.

Normal people who just want to live their lives don't belong here anymore. Unless one has an agenda, NYC doesn't want you apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Man I can't wait to leave this city to the zealots. As if we needed another thread, from the usual suspect, cheering how the enlightened ones are going to dictate to the masses what we Neanderthals aren't bright and progressive enough to see for ourselves.

Normal people who just want to live their lives don't belong here anymore. Unless one has an agenda, NYC doesn't want you apparently.
I really don't understand you...

Do you realize that if more people take mass transit, bike, or walk we will have reduced congestion on our roads?

Dense, mixed use construction leads to this and should be encouraged. Bonuses like pedestrian plazas create a more pleasant urban experience and typically generate revenue.

We need to share our streets more efficiently. That means more bicycle, pedestrian and mass transit infrastructure. More bicycle lanes, SBS, plazas.

Like Singapore, London, and Stockholm we should also enact Congestion Pricing, more aggressive traffic calming, and toll the East River Bridges.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:12 AM

499 posts, read 793,552 times
Peace! A mostly normal and un-dynamic country awaits you. One of the greatest aspects of the city is its ability to change and evolve- which is fueled by guess what? PEOPLE'S AGENDAS.

And a reason why we are projected to be the world's most economically competitive city in 2025
http://www.citigroup.com/citi/citiforcities/pdfs/hotspots2025.pdf

Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
I really don't understand you...

Do you realize that if more people take mass transit, bike, or walk we will have reduced congestion on our roads?

Dense, mixed use construction leads to this and should be encouraged. Bonuses like pedestrian plazas create a more pleasant urban experience and typically generate revenue.

We need to share our streets more efficiently. That means more bicycle, pedestrian and mass transit infrastructure. More bicycle lanes, SBS, plazas.

Like Singapore, London, and Stockholm we should also enact Congestion Pricing, more aggressive traffic calming, and toll the East River Bridges.
Or, we should just build more roads and bridges to keep traffic direct and local.

I should also point out I didn't drive tonight and took the train from W23rd to W125th. Got into station as an A was pulling away. Total transit time from station to station for what must be a 6 mile ride.... 55 minutes.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
Peace! A mostly normal and un-dynamic country awaits you. One of the greatest aspects of the city is its ability to change and evolve- which is fueled by guess what? PEOPLE'S AGENDAS.

And a reason why we are projected to be the world's most economically competitive city in 2025
http://www.citigroup.com/citi/citiforcities/pdfs/hotspots2025.pdf
Some people never fully evolve. See above for evidence.

Luckily they're just a minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Or, we should just build more roads and bridges to keep traffic direct and local.

I should also point out I didn't drive tonight and took the train from W23rd to W125th. Got into station as an A was pulling away. Total transit time from station to station for what must be a 6 mile ride.... 55 minutes.
Build more roads in Manhattan?
Where exactly?

Please enlighten us.

Btw, That 5 mile trip would've been easily covered (even by an SUV-driving fatty) on a bike in under 30 mins.

Quote:
the enlightened ones are going to dictate to the masses what we Neanderthals aren't bright and progressive enough to see for ourselves.
Wholeheartedly agree !

Old 06-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Don't worry, eventually we'll all be gone. Your only problem then will be finding a tax base to afford the exorbitant spending NYC thrives on, especially once your ultra-liberal policies finally chase Wall Street away. Hey, at least you'll have bike lanes right?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
Peace! A mostly normal and un-dynamic country awaits you.
Very soon, can't wait. The more you guys knock it, the happier I am because it assures me that this nonsense won't follow me wherever I end up.

NYC is still good for one thing: vacuuming out weirdos from the good parts of America.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, eventually we'll all be gone. Your only problem then will be finding a tax base to afford the exorbitant spending NYC thrives on, especially once your ultra-liberal policies finally chase Wall Street away. Hey, at least you'll have bike lanes right?
No. You and your kind will be gone...
And quite honestly your gun & car loving 'values' won't be missed here one bit.

Now back on topic.
Why is it "ultra-liberal" be in favor of alternative transportation options?

Nykiddo addressed you 'on-topic' but all you seem to have is labels you like to attach to people.

Last edited by likeminas; 06-06-2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 AM

No argument there, that's exactly why we're leaving. We don't find submitting to the Quinns and Weiners of the world something to be proud of. This city is for the rich and weirdos. Regular joes are fleeing, and rightfully so.

Oddly enough, the legal gun owners who are fleeing amount to less than 5% of the guns on NYC's streets. That SAFE Act is working out great for us huh? How many people were shot this weekend? 26? Lol. You guys are sure targeting the right people!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM

^ unable to discuss on-topic is all about them LIBERALS ruining the city.
Just leave already, nobody will care. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City